• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the first time in years....

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Maybe you should be more clear. My post was quite coherent.

No it is not for you to come up with the opposite of what I said:

Actually from my perspective too many people have these experiences from the perspective of the their own beliefs, and there are many many diverse conflicting beliefs.

If you meet Buddha on the path kill him!!!

My 'satori' awakening was that: 'Oh sh**! What ever I believe I am most likely wrong in some way.' We are all fallible humans with a limited perspective.'

Needs explanation!

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Sitting in the livingroom reading the Quran in silence, wondering about something i was reading. So i deside to ask.

Allah, i dont understand, what can i do to gain your wisdom. And the warmest feeling spread in my body, so calm and relaxed, so i gain the feeling of reading the chapter again. And now i see the meaning behind the words. I suddenly understood the message.

For the first time in years i feel i have progress as a religioues person. And i see that i was missing the messages previously, i was focusing on the wrong things. My listening skills was not there before.

Have you had similar experience in your spiritual journey? Or am i only to excited about the new teaching?
Just curious, which surah are you reading?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
One can be fallible without being guilty. The one place where fallibility can be dangerous is in matters of authority and judgment. Humans don't have to be fallible where being right counts.

A clear and true conscience reveals much good.

The trouble with religion is where people close off and divide as us against them; perceiving wickedness where they are blind to reality and miss much that is good.

Sometimes it's best to say I don't know, instead of jumping to judgment. Too often religions claim to know things they couldn't possibly know on their own.

As for someone gaining special insight from a religion. One has to ask themselves does this insight bring peace, or cause division. How do I know what I know or seem to know?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Sitting in the livingroom reading the Quran in silence, wondering about something i was reading. So i deside to ask.

Allah, i dont understand, what can i do to gain your wisdom. And the warmest feeling spread in my body, so calm and relaxed, so i gain the feeling of reading the chapter again. And now i see the meaning behind the words. I suddenly understood the message.

For the first time in years i feel i have progress as a religioues person. And i see that i was missing the messages previously, i was focusing on the wrong things. My listening skills was not there before.

Have you had similar experience in your spiritual journey? Or am i only to excited about the new teaching?

Enjoy the honeymoon again.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So i decide to ask.
Or am i only to excited about the new teaching?
If you are a Muslim or Christian, it is better not to ask questions but say yes, yes, yes. Asking can lead you to trouble, disbelief.
It is natural that you will be excited about your new understanding. Carry on.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

If I might quietly ask, is the message you received anything other than an emotional state? Or can it be articulated as knowledge?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Friend Amanaki,

Recently you turned from some another religion to Islam. I respect Islam, and have NO question why you converted, but, still I feel like asking you a question, and I hope you will NOT mind asking that.

Since how long you are in touch with Islam and its teachings ? was that even before you came to "RF" ?

Thank you in advance.
I had been thinking of Islam for a long time, even before i thought of converting away from Buddhism, because i had seen the good in it from many muslims in Norway, but when i looked out into the world, Islam was hated. So in the silence i started to watch documentary and trying to read about why those who converted become extremists. But i found that Islam it self is beautiful, whereas some extreme people misunderstood the teaching.

And now the last few weeks and months i read the Quran firstly out of curiouesity the because i saw the truth in it.
When i met the woman who is my girlfriend now, she guided me when i needed it.

So even it look like I have suddendly converted, it has been on my mind for a long time.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You have always been a spiritual person.
I am glad you are feeling at peace, following your new path.:)

chinu

chinu
I had been thinking of Islam for a long time, even before i thought of converting away from Buddhism, because i had seen the good in it from many muslims in Norway, but when i looked out into the world, Islam was hated. So in the sikence i started to watch documentary and trying to read about why those who converted become extremists. But i found that Islam it self is beautiful, whereas some extreme people misunderstood the teaching.

And now the last few weeks and months i read the Quran firstly out of curiouesity the because i saw the truth in it.
When i met the woman who is my girlfriend now, she guided me when i needed it.

So even it look like I have suddendly converted, it has been on my mind for a long time.
Thank you for being honest, my friend.
Really, you have a quality that I lack.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
To me personally it was
If I might quietly ask, is the message you received anything other than an emotional state? Or can it be articulated as knowledge?
Knowledge given to me in the time i needed it, ut no i did not hear a voice telling it :) that part of my listening skilles are not open

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
No it is not for you to come up with the opposite of what I said:

Actually from my perspective too many people have these experiences from the perspective of the their own beliefs, and there are many many diverse conflicting beliefs.

If you meet Buddha on the path kill him!!!

My 'satori' awakening was that: 'Oh sh**! What ever I believe I am most likely wrong in some way.' We are all fallible humans with a limited perspective.'

Needs explanation!
I believe that if we stop asking questions and only believe blindly what we read, it become a problem, but to have full faith in the teaching and let the teaching guide us to an answer is maybe a more correct way of believing in a God.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Or am i only to excited about the new teaching?

Imo, this.

Pretty much every honest convert of any religion has such feelings.
They can't all be legit. But they can all have a psychological basis.

I just had a "moment" behind the drumkit. There are a couple of rudiments I've been practicing lately and having a really hard time with them. Barely managing to get them past 80 bpm. Combining them into 16th note patterns on just the snare drum was even worse. So much so that I got frustrated and threw the sticks accross the room and didn't pick them up again for a couple of days.

Yesterday I sat down and felt completely relaxed with a "zen" mind.
Now I'm shedding those very same patterns into 16th note combinations, spread out accross the drumkit while even adding all kinds of bassdrum notes into groove patterns at 130 bpm without breaking a sweat.

But I'm not gonna thank the drum-gods for it. I realise it is just a matter of my brain requiring the time to "process" those patterns and register them as muscle memory.

But it sure feels "magical". 3 days ago, I barely managed to play each distinct pattern on just the snaredrum. Today, I shed them in combo's all over the kit. And I too get "warm fuzzy feelings" from that experience.

It's not exactly the type of thing that you are talking about. But at base, it seems similar to me.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Like guitar modes! Been struggling for almost a year to really wrap my mind around them. Knew what they were but never quite understood the why and how. But last Wednesday morning while taking my weekly shower it was like a light going off. I simply found myself thinking backwards instead of forwards about the tricky devils and "voila", as they say in your neck of the woods. Now if someone says "...this is in Am Aeolian..." or "B flat Mixolidian..." I'll know what scales work for the leads. I know, I know, this is somewhat irrelevant to the post, but what the hey...I'm stoked.

Lol! I totally get that :)
In my previous post, I just described something similar concerning my drumming! :D

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Imo, this.

Pretty much every honest convert of any religion has such feelings.
They can't all be legit. But they can all have a psychological basis.

I just had a "moment" behind the drumkit. There are a couple of rudiments I've been practicing lately and having a really hard time with them. Barely managing to get them past 80 bpm. Combining them into 16th note patterns on just the snare drum was even worse. So much so that I got frustrated and threw the sticks accross the room and didn't pick them up again for a couple of days.

Yesterday I sat down and felt completely relaxed with a "zen" mind.
Now I'm shedding those very same patterns into 16th note combinations, spread out accross the drumkit while even adding all kinds of bassdrum notes into groove patterns at 130 bpm without breaking a sweat.

But I'm not gonna thank the drum-gods for it. I realise it is just a matter of my brain requiring the time to "process" those patterns and register them as muscle memory.

But it sure feels "magical". 3 days ago, I barely managed to play each distinct pattern on just the snaredrum. Today, I shed them in combo's all over the kit. And I too get "warm fuzzy feelings" from that experience.

It's not exactly the type of thing that you are talking about. But at base, it seems similar to me.
What you speak of is mubdane experience you create from physical objects you have. Nothing wrong in that.

Buta religious experience is very different in the way i see it. I have too experienced mundane happiness from objects i owned, but to me the experience of realizing spiritual understanding is very far from mubdane.