• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Non-Believers

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a theist(though a Hindu one), so I'm not sure if you mean me, but given the context, I think so, so I'll answer...

To the Christian, I'd like them to know, I believe in God/s, and that I believe yours exists, but just in a small place, along with the myriad of other Gods(some of who also are creator Gods). I don't feel inclined to worship him, or believe everything you do about him, but I don't object that you do. That's your business.

We may both be theists, but we view who/what God is very differently.

That being said, it would be helpful for non-theists to know, too. The God you question me about isn't the one I worship.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If you are a non-believer, what is one piece of advice you would give to Christians when talking to non-believers about their non-belief?
Just enjoy the fantasy. My unbelief shouldn't spoil any of the fun.

My advice would be that I'm perfectly fine and don't get over concerned about saving my soul. I know perfectly where I stand and walk.

All is good.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
If you are a non-believer, what is one piece of advice you would give to Christians when talking to non-believers about their non-belief?
Don’t try to have a conversation with someone who is not interested in having that conversation. But if the time and place are appropriate and everyone is willing then …

If you want someone to listen to you, listen to them.

Be honest, they can tell when you are lying.

Share your thoughts and experiences, don’t parrot some other apologist without giving your thoughts.

Be humble, chances are the person you are talking to has heard all the usually arguments before. I always remember that there are people much smarter than me who believe, I recommend you remember there are people smarter than you who don’t.

Don’t get offended if the person disagrees with you. That is the point. Eventually if the conversation goes any length they are going to criticize your most sincerely held beliefs. If you can’t handle that, don’t talk about them. If you find yourself getting angry, just excuse yourself.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Don't pretend they have never understood a theist's views, since most unbelievers were once believers.

^ This. Most Christians like to claim that unbelievers can't possibly understand what the Bible says because they're not a Christian. I read the Bible many times when I was a devout Christian, so I know what it teaches, and I'm more than capable of understanding it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You had two threads one for Christians and one for "non believers". You neglected believers in other religions.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I posted this on Facebook(I'll copy and paste it here):
Here's a thing for Christians...if someone doesn't want to be a christian leave it be. Don't say oh I'll pray for you. Cuz see Im a pagan. And if I was trying to convert you to paganism(something I'd never do) and you would say oh I'm not interested you just set a boundary. And if I go oh I'll pray to Loki that you'd change your ways and love the All-Father you be upset. And then if I said you'd end up in the badside of Helheim you'd be furious.
Most of us nonchristians know about Christianity. Y'all are the largest religion in the world. Hardly anyone hasn't heard of Jesus. I live in the bible belt. I can't go 5 feet without reaching a thank you Jesus sign. That's not a problem for me I have no issues with other religions. In fact I'd love to talk about your beliefs and I have many christian friends who enjoy talking about religion with me. But if you try to shove that down my throat and insist I am a terrible person for what I believe, Im going to hell and tell me that I do things that arent even true of my religion like sacrifice babies when you dont know **** about my beliefs...(I don't sacrifice babies...this shouldn't even have to be said...)
I'm not going to want to join your religion. I'm going to be pushed away from you and farther away from your God. Jesus was a gentleman according to y'all's book. If he exists he knocks He don't force his way into people's hearts. And he said love thy neighbor. Not only that but there's a verse where he healed a Roman pagan's daughter. I like y'alls Christ. I don't like His Christians sometimes.
Also too many of y'all think it's either Christianity or atheism. There are thousands of religions. Open your minds a bit. Once talking with a christian they asked me if I believed in God. I said I believed in multiple many gods. They asked no joke "But if you don't believe in God how did the world come to be? From nothing? That's ridiculous. Me:... Did you just not hear me I just said I believe in multiple gods...one of them could've created it...
Like come on folk. If you going to engage in convos about your religion at least listen and try to understand the other person's beliefs.
Not all Christians are like this but most the ones I talk to are. And I just wish some of y'all who are like this would realize y'alls aint the only religion and other folk existing and not being Christian ain't being disrespectful to your beliefs.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Leave the judging, the hellfire, the preaching, and concern for our souls out of it.
Do be aware many of us used to be Christian and understand it well and know the Bible better than many Christians.
Amd keep in mind, even many theists are non-believers in Christianity, with some being more opposed to it than atheists like Richard Dawkins.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I'm a theist(though a Hindu one), so I'm not sure if you mean me, but given the context, I think so, so I'll answer...

To the Christian, I'd like them to know, I believe in God/s, and that I believe yours exists, but just in a small place, along with the myriad of other Gods(some of who also are creator Gods). I don't feel inclined to worship him, or believe everything you do about him, but I don't object that you do. That's your business.

We may both be theists, but we view who/what God is very differently.

That being said, it would be helpful for non-theists to know, too. The God you question me about isn't the one I worship.
I took the question to be nonbelievers in Christianity so that would be all nonchristians not just atheists. Hopefully I understood that right.

But im of the same attitude as you are except I've decided to start leaving offerings to Jesus. Not to serve him or what have you but just out of respect. I'm moving into a friend's house who is a christian witch so I thought I'd get acquainted with Jesus before I move in.

Last edited:

MikeF

Premium Member
That the odds are high that what you believe is the result of how you were raised and the community/society in which you lived. If you were born to a family with a different belief, in a country with a different dominant religion, you would most likely not hold your current beliefs.