• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Liturgical Christians (Anglo-Catholics, Catholics, and Orthodox)

xkatz

I have been actively participating in a heated debate about Judaism vs Christian I saw this post made by Quiddity:

[Jewish people] aren't familiar with liturgical Christianity (Catholics and Eastern Orthodox mostly) and how that in any way has to do with Jewish Tradition.
I'll admit I have a basic understanding of how the Eucharist could be seen as having parallels with ancient Jewish tradition (eg Beis Hamikdash), but was wondering if people would be willing to go more in depth about the connections and how you see them in the Bible. Thanks :)

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Well, you posted this in the Christian DIR so you will inevitably get many non-liturgical responses from people that don't come from that tradition. That's fine if that is what you looking for but you get myriad of different answers.

xkatz

Well, you posted this in the Christian DIR so you will inevitably get many non-liturgical responses from people that don't come from that tradition. That's fine if that is what you looking for but you get myriad of different answers.
Well there is no "Liturgical Christian DIR" so I figured this will have to do :p

Phil25

Saint Thomas Christians of Kerala, India have pretty deep connection with Judaism. Saint Thomas Christians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quoting from the article-
The presence of Jews among the early Malabar Nasrani Christians had significant effects on the liturgy and traditions of the entire community.[2] The community maintained some of the original rituals of the early Jewish Christians, such as covering their heads while in worship. Their ritual services were and still are called the Qurbana (also spelled Kurbana), which is derived from the Aramaic and Hebrew term korban (קרבן), meaning "sacrifice".. The Nasrani Qurbana used to be held in Syriac.[2]

Didachist

For me I am unaware of the links between Beis Hamikdash and the Eucharist for me I see the elements of passover in the celebration of the Mass amongst those who believe in the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist.