• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Christians,

Renji

What are the marks of a true Christian? And do you think those signs manifests in you?

S-word

What are the marks of a true Christian? And do you think those signs manifests in you?

One who believes the words of our Father and saviour (Christ or the anointed one) as spoken through the mouth of his obedient servant Jesus, who He sent in His name to do and say only that which he was commanded in order that He, "our father and saviour," might reveal Himself through his obedient servant Jesus, who was the first fruits, the first of many brothers who are chosen from the body of mankind which is the current tabernacle (Tent) of our indwelling ancestral spirit.

Jesus the chosen cornerstone to which the elect and chosen are gathered to in the creation of God's new Temple of incorruptible light, in which The Lord God Almighty shall dwell on earth among mankind.

Renji

One who believes the words of our Father and saviour (Christ or the anointed one) as spoken through the mouth of his obedient servant Jesus, who He sent in His name to do and say only that which he was commanded in order that He, "our father and saviour," might reveal Himself through his obedient servant Jesus, who was the first fruits, the first of many brothers who are chosen from the body of mankind which is the current tabernacle (Tent) of our indwelling ancestral spirit.

Jesus the chosen cornerstone to which the elect and chosen are gathered to in the creation of God's new Temple of incorruptible light, in which The Lord God Almighty shall dwell on earth among mankind.

I believe that:). But isn't being a good person and at the same time having faith in Him a mark also of being a true Christian (although we are not judged according to good works)?

Just_me_Mike

To walk a path not many will walk. if Jesus was our example, we should note the unjust suffering he had to endure. If you find a life with not much unjust suffering, it might be reason to pause, and ask God why you are not suffering as Jesus did.

Are we above our Lord? Is it for us to go through this life unscathed?
Greater than these, is suffering for the name of Jesus and for following Him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
1. Respect for the dignity of human life, manifested in treating others as one would like to be treated themselves.
2. Submission to God's will and direction, manifested in making moral decisions that may not be the easiest decisions much of the time - self discipline.
3. A deep inner joy and peace, even in the face of adversity, trouble, or even tragedy, which is the reflection of their utter faith in God.

As a Christian, these are the behaviors I strive to achieve in my life. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail, but the standard is there.

Renji

1. Respect for the dignity of human life, manifested in treating others as one would like to be treated themselves.
2. Submission to God's will and direction, manifested in making moral decisions that may not be the easiest decisions much of the time - self discipline.
3. A deep inner joy and peace, even in the face of adversity, trouble, or even tragedy, which is the reflection of their utter faith in God.

As a Christian, these are the behaviors I strive to achieve in my life. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail, but the standard is there.

Me too.;) Now, how can these marks help us achieve salvation/eternal life?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I don't think we can earn salvation/eternal life. But when we obey these principles, part of that obedience is accepting God's unmerited grace. Obedience strengthens our faith as events play out in our lives.

That's my opinion, anyway!

DadBurnett

Instigator
Marks of a true Christian ...
Two things should, I think, be evident in a Christian - a predominate unconditional Love and, forgiveness.
Do these manifest in me? A little bit, sometimes ...

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
While Christians are the same as anyone else, there are things that Christians are supposed to do: Love God, love your neighbor (non-Christians), love your brothers (and sisters) in Jesus (other Christians), love your enemies. It is up to each Christian to try their best to follow these commands. If they don't at least try to do that. I am not sure how I measure up. I have heard there are things about each person that is unknown to him or herself that are known to others- I don't know how others see me.

S-word

I believe that:). But isn't being a good person and at the same time having faith in Him a mark also of being a true Christian (although we are not judged according to good works)?

Being good is a prerequisite to being known and accepted by the Lord, "Know yourself and you will be known." But don't be deceived into believing that the self-righteous, pompous people, whose piousness oozes from the pores of their being with the pungent smell like stale sweat, are good people. To be good, one must be an obedient servant to their spiritual indwelling Father, their ancestral spirit who was the singularity in the beginning and has become who you are, evolving, by the gathering of all the spirits of your ancestors from the very beginning; this includes your pre-human ancestors also.

That which has become “Who You Are,” Is connected to his beginning by an unbroken genetic thread of Life and He cannot die. Be one with, and an extension of who you are, and when you have thrown off your mortal garment which will have returned to the universal elements from which it was formed, and all the information and experiences which were taken in through the senses of the body in the creation of you, ‘the godhead to that body,’ which will have been imprinted onto the universal Life/soul in His ascension to ends of this universal cycle, you will then live in He as He now dwells in you.

For I am who I am and may I never lose sight
Of the fact that I am who I am day and night
I'm not 'who I was' nor 'who I will be'
For "Who I Am" is the name that my God gave to me
So get behind me you charlatan priests and you shams
For I am true to my God, TO MY GOD "Who I Am."...By S-word.

And so dear friend, come soar with me to the outer limits of reality
For this universe though wide it seems, is but the shadow of our dreams
We are naught, but knowledge in these tents, refined through pain and punishment
We're the hive of man and 'neath His rod, we are one, We're the son of God
The past, the present, the future is He, He was, He is and He will be
For heaven is, but a position in time to where the spirit in man must climb
Eventually, when He's there at last and stands and gazes at His past
And takes the throne prepared in heaven, then all his past will be forgiven
"I am who I am," the die is cast, cos I was created by my past
And we who we are this very day, determines His future in every way
If my past were changed, then who would I be?
One thing is certain, I wouldn't be me....By S-word.

Last edited:

rusra02

Premium Member
Jesus said "By their fruits you will recognize them....every good tree produces fine fruit "(Matthew 7:16,17. Here are several identifying marks of a true christian, based on what the Bible says are the marks of a true Christian:

1. He/she bases his teachings on the Bible. Jesus set the example by basing his teachings on God's Word. (John 17:17)

2. He/she worships only Jehovah and make his name known. Jesus said "It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service." (Matthew 4:10) Jesus set the pattern in helping others to get to know God, as he said in prayer: “I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world.” (John 17:6) Similarly, true worshipers today teach others about God’s name, his purposes, and his qualities.

3. He/she shows genuine love for fellow believers. Jesus said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35)
The Bible states: “The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. . . . We should have love for one another; not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother.”—1 John 3:10-12; 4:20, 21.

4. He/she accepts Jesus Christ as God’s means of salvation. The Bible says: “There is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” (Acts 4:12) God requires that we obey Jesus and apply his teachings if we want everlasting life. That is why the Bible states: “He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; he that disobeys the Son will not see life.”—John 3:36.

5. He/she is no part of the world. Jesus said: “My kingdom is no part of this world.” (John 18:36) No matter what country they live in, Jesus’ true followers are subjects of his heavenly Kingdom and thus maintain strict neutrality in the world’s political affairs. They take no part in its conflicts, even if this means they are persecuted.

6. He/she preaches that God’s Kingdom is mankind’s only hope. Jesus foretold: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14) Instead of encouraging people to look to human rulers to solve their problems, true followers of Jesus Christ proclaim God’s heavenly Kingdom as the only hope for mankind. (Psalm 146:3) Jesus taught us to pray for that perfect government when he said: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” (Matthew 6:10)

saltandlight

Football Fan
Jesus said "By their fruits you will recognize them....every good tree produces fine fruit "(Matthew 7:16,17. Here are several identifying marks of a true christian, based on what the Bible says are the marks of a true Christian:

2. He/she worships only Jehovah and make his name known. Jesus said "It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service." (Matthew 4:10) Jesus set the pattern in helping others to get to know God, as he said in prayer: “I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world.” (John 17:6) Similarly, true worshipers today teach others about God’s name, his purposes, and his qualities.

About the verse Matthew 4:10, Jesus only said "For it is written: Worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only." So, I don't know what Bible your reading but your version is incorrect. The Holy Bible also clearly states that if any one takes away or adds anything to the Bible; God's Holy Word, their share of the tree of life, of heaven will be taken away, and the plagues described in Revelation will be added to them.
So I hope you will not face this wrath of God and hope you won't ignore this warning.

S-word

[ The Holy Bible also clearly states that if any one takes away or adds anything to the Bible; God's Holy Word, their share of the tree of life, of heaven will be taken away, and the plagues described in Revelation will be added to them.
So I hope you will not face this wrath of God and hope you won't ignore this warning.

Revelation 22: 18; "I, John, solemnly warn everyone who hears the prophetic words of this book: (Which book? The book of Revelation) If anyone adds anything to them, (To what? to the prophetic words in the book of Revelation.) God will add to his punishment the plagues described in this book. (Which plagues? The plagues described in the book of Revelation which was writen by John) If anyone takes away from the prophetic words of this book, (The book of Revelation) God will take away from him his share of the fruit of the tree of life and the Holy city which are described in (22: 1 to 5) of this book, (The book of Revelation)."

It would appear that you are attempting to add the prophetic curse that applies only to the book of Revelation, to the bible in its entirety; the New Testiment wasn't even compiled in the first century when John wrote the book of revelation. Naughty, naughty.

Last edited:

steepstap

i was once catholic i studied the bible went to church but as i was studying the bible i found that the church was contradicting jesus and the bible we dont practice and believe what the bible is telling us i found things in the bible that really disturbed me led me to not believing thing that are distgusting and came to a conclusion that really told me that this could not be from god almighty

S-word

Does the compilation of the New Testament have anything to do with the message but? Does it change anything?

Does the compilation of the New Testament have anything to do with the message?
If the New Testament had not even been compiled when John made the prophecy in 22: 19, then how could he have possibly been referring to a compilation of books that did not even exist?

Does it change anything?
Well it reveals that the statement that the curse which related only to the prophetic words in the book of Revelations, was not in reference to any other book in the Bible, so yes, it changes the lie, that the prophetic words of John in Revelation 22: 18-19; related to the Bible in its entirety, to the truth, that John's statement here, refers only to those who would add to, or take away from the prophetic words in the book of Revelation.

S-word

i was once catholic i studied the bible went to church but as i was studying the bible i found that the church was contradicting jesus and the bible we dont practice and believe what the bible is telling us i found things in the bible that really disturbed me led me to not believing thing that are distgusting and came to a conclusion that really told me that this could not be from god almighty

Well you can't be a catholic and also believe the words of the Lord which were recorded by men who were under the controll of our indwelling Ancestral spirit, who is our saviour.

rusra02

Premium Member

About the verse Matthew 4:10, Jesus only said "For it is written: Worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only." So, I don't know what Bible your reading but your version is incorrect. The Holy Bible also clearly states that if any one takes away or adds anything to the Bible; God's Holy Word, their share of the tree of life, of heaven will be taken away, and the plagues described in Revelation will be added to them.

Different translations render this verse differently. At Matthew 4:10 (RS), Jesus said: “You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.” At Deuteronomy 6:13, which Jesus is evidently here quoting, appears the personal name of God, the Tetragrammaton.
My quote was from the New World Translation, a modern english Bible translation.
“That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.” (Authorized, or King James, Version of 1611)
There is strong evidence that Jesus and his apostles used the divine Name, Jehovah.
God's name, represented by the tetragrammaton, appears almost 7,000 times in the Hebrew scriptures. Without authorization, men removed God's name from their Bible, considering it too sacred to pronounce.
Jesus, in contrast, taught us to pray for God's name to be hallowed, or santified.
We cannot worship God acceptably without knowing his Name and the Person identified by that name. "Lord" is a title, and as such, does not serve to identify the true God, nor differentiate him from the many false gods also called lord by their worshipers.