• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Christians. Was the flood real or just a myth?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus said..."For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be.
The pre-flood world was one obsessed with sex and violence generated by supernatural beings....what do we see today? Does it not seem to you that the extensive level of evil present in this world is also supernaturally generated? We are living in this time period before Christ comes to judge the world. Satan and his demons are causing as much mayhem and confusion as they can because they are running out of time. Keep in mind that the majority of mankind will not fare well spiritually at this time.
People are free to ignore the warning that is being declared by God's people throughout the earth (Matthew 24:14) but the day for accounting to God is rapidly approaching according to the Bible. History repeats because people fail to learn the lessons from the past, thinking that they know better. Why did the people of Noah's day ignore him? They ignore the message at this time for all the same reasons. (please read Matthew 24:37-39 again)
All we can do is what Christians have always done...preach an unpopular message and be ignored.
sigh.gif

It does seem that the warning message of Noah's day, since it is unpopular, is still unpopular today.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, I am Not telling anyone that my God is a liar. Even as Titus 1:2 says that God can not lie.
Then you are saying that the flood never happened.

The evidence that tells us that there was no flood is almost endless. The only way that evidence could be there is if your God made it to cover up the flood if it ever happened. But that would mean that your God is a liar. By claiming that the flood is real you are claiming that God lied. Perhaps there is another way to look at the story.

whirlingmerc

A myth, probably based on a real event or events. My personal preferred candidate is the Black Sea Inundation, although there are plenty of other contenders, depending who you ask.

although it does say the waters rose 'above all the mountains under all the heavens'

you don't even need a boat for that kind of flood, a migration of people and animals would do

james dixon

Premium Member
You do know that there was a flood that covered the whole earth long before Adam and Eve and long before the flood of Noah's.
Those pictures that you posted, were from that first flood, way before Adam and Eve came to be and the flood of Noah's.

-If this is what you believe I am not here to try and stop you

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You do know that there was a flood that covered the whole earth long before Adam and Eve and long before the flood of Noah's.
Those pictures that you posted, were from that first flood, way before Adam and Eve came to be and the flood of Noah's.
Nope, that is not right either. There was probably no time that the entire surface of the Earth was covered with water.

Faithofchristian

Nope, that is not right either. There was probably no time that the entire surface of the Earth was covered with water.

Oh really, So maybe you can explain, Why there in Genesis Chapter 1 and Verse 2,
"And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters?
So why is the water covering the earth?

And notice that in Verse 9 "And God said, Let the waters under heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear and it was so"

Notice also Verse 10 "And God called the dry land Earth, And the gathering together of the waters called he Seas"

But as you say, the earth was never covered with water, But yet there in Genesis shows the earth was indeed covered with water.

But the question is ?
What happened for the earth to be covered with water. In the first place ?

Why would an all powerful God create the earth and then cover it with water and then have the land appear out of the water?

Why not just put the water in it's rightful place as it is now, Then to go to all that trouble of covering the earth with water and then have the land appear up out of the water.
Why not have the earth and then put the water around the dry land, as it is now.

So what happened for the water to be covering the earth in the first place.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh really, So maybe you can explain, Why there in Genesis Chapter 1 and Verse 2,
"And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters?
So why is the water covering the earth?

Genesis is a book of myths. There is no reason to think that any of it is true. We know how the Earth came into existence. No magic was needed.

And notice that in Verse 9 "And God said, Let the waters under heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear and it was so"

Notice also Verse 10 "And God called the dry land Earth, And the gathering together of the waters called he Seas"

But as you say, the earth was never covered with water, But yet there in Genesis shows the earth was indeed covered with water.

But the question is ?
What happened for the earth to be covered with water. In the first place ?

Why would an all powerful God create the earth and then cover it with water and then have the land appear out of the water?

Why not just put the water in it's rightful place as it is now, Then to go to all that trouble of covering the earth with water and then have the land appear up out of the water.
Why not have the earth and then put the water around the dry land, as it is now.

So what happened for the water to be covering the earth in the first place.

Once again, you can't rely on a book of myths for evidence. If you want to claim that the Bible is true the burden of proof is upon you. I can explain to you how we know it is wrong. But pointing to the Bible as "proof" is the same as you admitting defeat from the start.

Faithofchristian

Genesis is a book of myths. There is no reason to think that any of it is true. We know how the Earth came into existence. No magic was needed.

Once again, you can't rely on a book of myths for evidence. If you want to claim that the Bible is true the burden of proof is upon you. I can explain to you how we know it is wrong. But pointing to the Bible as "proof" is the same as you admitting defeat from the start.

The burden of proof is not on me, But on you, seeing that you came to me first.

If I had came to you, then the burden of proof would be on me. But that's not the case here, Your the one that came to me, So where's your burden of proof.

You make it easy to understand who you are.Had you any knowledgeable proof of anything. Then maybe we could talk about things.
What your saying, is like going to a NASA rocket scientist, and dispute with them over something you have no knowledge about. Therefore the burden of proof would be on you to prove your case to the NASA rocket scientist. Since you went to them first and they didn't come to you, but you to them.
First grain at lease some knowledge, before you go disputing about something that you have No Knowledge about.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The burden of proof is not on me, But on you, seeing that you came to me first.

Of course it is. If you make a claim the burden of proof is upon you. You relied upon the source that is in doubt. That is a logical fallacy. I can explain why we know that Genesis is wrong. Merely relying on Genesis alone makes you lose without me even trying.

If I had came to you, then the burden of proof would be on me. But that's not the case here, Your the one that came to me, So where's your burden of proof.

I have said many many times that I am willing to support my claims, but you made the error of quoting a book of myths as if it had some basis in reality in your argument. When you did that you put the burden of proof upon yourself.

You make it easy to understand who you are.Had you any knowledgeable proof of anything. Then maybe we could talk about things.
What your saying, is like going to a NASA rocket scientist, and dispute with them over something you have no knowledge about.
First grain at lease some knowledge, before you go disputing about something that you have No Knowledge about.

I have more than enough evidence, and please, you are using a failed analogy. You have demonstrated that you are the one that has no knowledge, not me. I have read Genesis many times over.

One problem is that you obviously have no education in the sciences. You do not appear to even understand how science is done or what is and what is not evidence. Are you ready to begin to learn?

Faithofchristian

Of course it is. If you make a claim the burden of proof is upon you. You relied upon the source that is in doubt. That is a logical fallacy. I can explain why we know that Genesis is wrong. Merely relying on Genesis alone makes you lose without me even trying.

I have said many many times that I am willing to support my claims, but you made the error of quoting a book of myths as if it had some basis in reality in your argument. When you did that you put the burden of proof upon yourself.

I have more than enough evidence, and please, you are using a failed analogy. You have demonstrated that you are the one that has no knowledge, not me. I have read Genesis many times over.

One problem is that you obviously have no education in the sciences. You do not appear to even understand how science is done or what is and what is not evidence. Are you ready to begin to learn?

And with all that you have said, you still have no proof.
Your absolutely right about one thing, science has no room with Christians, that your right about.
So prove to me on a Christian ground, what you say is right.

Hers an example, take archaeologist scientist paleontologist scientist both agree that the earth has being Millions to Billions of years old.

Did you know that the Bible also Agrees with them, that the earth is Millions to Billions of years old.
So science and the bible can agree on things.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And with all that you have said, you still have no proof.

You know even the archaeologist scientist and the paleontologist scientist both agree that the earth as being Millions to billions of years old.
Did you know that the Bible also agrees with both of them, That the Earth is Millions to Billions of years old.

Please, you have no way of knowing that. You don't even understand the proper terminology to use. You have no education in the sciences and I have offered to help you. And no, the Bible does not agree with either paleontology or archaeology. It contradicts them. We are talking about the flood myth and you just supported my claim of your lack of education in the sciences.

So once again, let's start with the basics. Until you learn the basics you will not be able to understand your errors. Here is a simplified illustration of the scientific method:

2013-updated_scientific-method-steps_v6_noheader.png

It reflects how we know what we know today. Does it look reasonable to you?

Faithofchristian

Please, you have no way of knowing that. You don't even understand the proper terminology to use. You have no education in the sciences and I have offered to help you. And no, the Bible does not agree with either paleontology or archaeology. It contradicts them. We are talking about the flood myth and you just supported my claim of your lack of education in the sciences.

So once again, let's start with the basics. Until you learn the basics you will not be able to understand your errors. Here is a simplified illustration of the scientific method:

2013-updated_scientific-method-steps_v6_noheader.png

It reflects how we know what we know today. Does it look reasonable to you?

So in what way does the bible disagree with archaeologist scientist and paleontologist scientist the earth as being Millions to Billions of years old. How does the bible disagree with them in what way.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So in what way does the bible disagree with archaeologist scientist and paleontologist scientist the earth as being Millions to Billions of years old. How does the bible disagree with them in what way.

The Bible says that there was a worldwide flood and both of those sciences deny that. How is that for a start? By the way, the Bible says nothing of the Earth being billions of years old. You may reinterpret the Bible in an attempt to get it to agree with the sciences, but it does not mean that the sciences agree with it. Your logic skills may need some polishing as well.

And why did you ignore the illustration on the scientific method? Until you realize what science is and how it is done you are merely shooting in the dark.

Faithofchristian

The Bible says that there was a worldwide flood and both of those sciences deny that. How is that for a start? By the way, the Bible says nothing of the Earth being billions of years old. You may reinterpret the Bible in an attempt to get it to agree with the sciences, but it does not mean that the sciences agree with it. Your logic skills may need some polishing as well.

And why did you ignore the illustration on the scientific method? Until you realize what science is and how it is done you are merely shooting in the dark.

You show yourself as not knowing what the Bible Support's.
Now to answer your question, Why I ignore the illustration, because you, yourself ignored.
You really believe that a Christian should go long with scientist and denounce the bible.
Are you freaking kidding me.

How many Scientist have dated the dinosaurs bones to be Millions of years old. Had you any idea the dinosaurs bones stands there as God's witnesses to the fact that the earth as being Millions of years old. And the bible Support's this.
Had you any understanding what the Bible actually does support. Unto which you have No understanding about the bible.

You just criticize things you don't understand in or about what the Bible Support's.