• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Christians Only: Who Are The False Prophets, Anti-christs And The True Christ?

chariot of fire

GUD DAY EVERYONE!!

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW YOUR VIEWS REGARDING THIS TIMELY TOPIC COZ I KNOW IT'S ON THIS GENERATION FALSE PROPHETS AND ANTI-CHRISTS ARISE..

PLEASE REPLY.:tsk:

CMIYC

chariot of fire said:
GUD DAY EVERYONE!!

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW YOUR VIEWS REGARDING THIS TIMELY TOPIC COZ I KNOW IT'S ON THIS GENERATION FALSE PROPHETS AND ANTI-CHRISTS ARISE..

PLEASE REPLY.:tsk:
The criteria for a false profit- would be anybody not being Jewish and not in line with a political movement, “One God One Nation”.
Ps. Can you please not yell with your posts.

HOGCALLER

chariot of fire,

There were false prophets before Jesus. There were false prophets after Jesus; for example at Acts 13:6 we read: “They traveled through the whole island until they came to Paphos. There they met a Jewish sorcerer and false prophet named Bar-Jesus.” When Saul and Barnabas encountered Bar-Jesus they may not have recalled these words of Jesus Christ: “And then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is Christ,’ or ‘Look, there He is,’ do not believe him. (22) For false Christs and false prophets will appear and they will perform [miraculous] signs and [supernatural] wonders in order to lead astray [even] the elect, if possible. (23) But pay attention, for I have told you [all this] ahead of time.” (Mark 13:21-23) Or these words: “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is Christ,’ or ‘There [he is],’ do not believe him. (24) For false Christs and false prophets will appear and they will perform great [miraculous] signs and [supernatural] wonders in order to lead astray even the elect [i.e., God’s people], if possible. (25) You see, I have told you [all this] ahead of time.” (Matthew 24:23-25) They may not have recalled those words because they were not present when Jesus spoke them. But these are likely the words you had in mind when you asked the above question and made the above statement.

From Genesis 3:4 on false prophets have been a problem, a source of real concern for anyone really interested in true worship. No doubt that is why Jesus included the above warning in his answer to his disciples’ question, quoted here from An Understandable Version: “And as He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, His disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things [you just spoke of] happen? And what will be the sign that indicates your presence and the end of the [present] age?”” (Matthew 24:3)

Based on the wording of your opening statement, “I KNOW IT'S ON THIS GENERATION FALSE PROPHETS AND ANTI-CHRISTS ARISE” I am going to assume you also “KNOW” something more about the topic that you are just busting a gut to tell us, so please feel free to let ‘er rip. In case you need help getting started, let me ask you some questions: According to what you “KNOW,” what is the best way to differentiate between true prophets and false prophets? Also, what is the role or job of a prophet?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
HOGCALLER said:
what is the best way to differentiate between true prophets and false prophets? Also, what is the role or job of a prophet?
AND IF THOU SAY IN THINE HEART, HOW SHALL WE KNOW THE WORD WHICH THE LORD HATH NOT SPOKEN? WHEN A PROPHET SPEAKETH IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, IF THE THING FOLLOW NOT, NOR COME TO PASS, THAT IS THE THING WHICH THE LORD HATH NOT SPOKEN, BUT THE PROPHET HATH SPOKEN IT PRESUMPTUOUSLY: THOU SHALT NOT BE AFRAID OF HIM - (Deuteronomy 18:21-22)

CMIYC

It was a good idea if the prophet prophesized few years ahead, giving him enough time to get away. No good prophesy ever came from a women, a woman was a false prophet.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
It was a good idea if the prophet prophesized few years ahead, giving him enough time to get away. No good prophesy ever came from a women, a woman was a false prophet.
Huh? Please elaborate...

False prohets are just that, people who prophesy falsely. Anti-Christs, Biblically, are persons who deny our Lord and saviour Jesus.

CMIYC

Mister Emu said:
Huh? Please elaborate...

False prohets are just that, people who prophesy falsely. Anti-Christs, Biblically, are persons who deny our Lord and saviour Jesus.
It was only a joke, just looking for a reaction.