1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured For Christians ... a question I've had for a long time

Discussion in 'Religions Q&A' started by Vinayaka, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Nivek001

Nivek001 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Religion:
    Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
    I’m on my I-phone. Anyhoo, I looked over what was posted. It didn’t look like anything significant. Too bad you didn’t respond to any of my questions.

2. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,644
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    Did you really want a response just so that you could argue some more? We have no beliefs in common and I rely on canonical scripture to furnish all of my beliefs.....I have no other books to fight with it or to plagiarize it. The book of Revelation says that we are not to add to scripture. (Revelation 22:18-19) And the apostle Paul warned that even if an angel was to deliver anything other than what was taught by Jesus and the apostles...."let him be accursed".

Galatians 1:6-9...
    "I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from the One who called you with Christ’s undeserved kindness to another sort of good news. 7 Not that there is another good news; but there are certain ones who are causing you trouble and wanting to distort the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, I now say again, Whoever is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed."

You have the testimony of one man who claims to have had a visitation from an angel in the woods and who was given some golden plates......there is no proof that any of that actually took place, or that the peoples mentioned in the BoM ever existed.... perhaps it is all just the musings of a very mentally ill man.

Its a lot to stake your life on...but no matter...it is your choice. I have made mine.

3. Nivek001

Nivek001 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Religion:

#303 Nivek001, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  4. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,644
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    @Nivek001 could you please learn to use the quote system....?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Nivek001

Nivek001 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Religion:
    Where’s the problem?

Also, why haven’t you answered any of my questions?

6. Brian2

Brian2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393
    Religion:
    Christian
    There would have been no such exclamation in ancient Israel. It would be blasphemy. That exclamation is from these days.
    Thomas called Jesus God, that simple. and John 20:31 thrown in indicates that being the Son of God makes Jesus God. That makes sense when we consider that the Son has the same nature as His Father just as any other father and son. Jesus is unique because He is the only son who was not created even if He did step into creation to become a man. When He stepped into creation, that is when His Father became His God. (see Psalm 22:10 for evidence of this)
    Being a man and still being a man now means that His Father is still His God even now.

ALL things that have been brought into existence were brought into existence through Jesus. (John 1:3) That is what the scripture says without alterations. Jesus was not created, He always has been the Son just as the Father has always been the Father.
    Rev 3:14 has been altered by the NWT subtly also. "by" should not be there. "by" being there means that the true meaning of the passage is harder to see. The true meaning being that He is the ruler of the creation of God. This meaning does not end up contradicting other scriptures to the extent that the other scriptures need to be changed to agree with it. (as in Col 1:15-17 and other places) a creation which Jesus Himself along with His Father had a hand in creating according to the scriptures. Everything came into being through Jesus AND through the Father.
    Romans 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!
    34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord,
    or who has been his counselor?”
    35 “Or who has given a gift to him
    that he might be repaid?”
    36 For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever.

1Tim 2:15 does actually say that the mediator is a man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,still.

7. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,644
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    :facepalm:

8. Brian2

Brian2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393
    Religion:
    Christian
    Scripture canonised by Christendom.
    And be careful about what you say to people about preaching a different gospel, you may be condemning yourself.
    That said, I agree with you about the message brought by Joseph Smith.

9. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,644
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    Not really....it is God's word, not the work of men. He can use whomever he wants to compile its contents, but I can assure you that not a word was written by a single person in Christendom. If he inspired its contents, then he can preserve its accuracy.

Jesus was such a person, so we have a good role model. Why do you think the Jews hated him? (John 15:18-21)

I am grateful for any points of agreement....

10. Brian2

Brian2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393
    Religion:
    Christian
    And God can use a witch to talk to Saul through a prophet, and God can use Satan also for His purposes, as in Job and even now with what happens in our history.
    The Bible seems to be getting more accurate as scholars dig into the history of it and realise it has been changed and added to, and try to correct that. So it has not been accurate all the way along it seems.
    But it seems to have been accurate enough to say that the addition of "Jehovah" wherever the Watchtower deems fit in the New Testament is changing the scriptures without authority except from the Watchtower itself.
    Other changes can also be cited.

11. Nivek001

Nivek001 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Religion:
    Well, nothing brings about open discussion quite like going out your way to make sure one knows you refuse to have any further open discussion.

I appreciate your honesty.

12. 37818

37818 Active Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Religion:
    Christian (Baptist)
    You fail to understand John 20:28. So it is you do not understand.
    It is written, "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one." I cannot cause you to hear and to understand what you do not want to hear. Understand the Man Jesus is the sole access to God. John 14:6.

13. 37818

37818 Active Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Religion:
    Christian (Baptist)
    You do not believe what I understand to be true. Acts 1:11, ". . . this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

14. soulsurvivor

soulsurvivor Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +150
    Does this mean that 'people who are resurrected to life on Earth' remain on Earth forever or does the resurrected body on Earth eventually die?

15. Nivek001

Nivek001 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Religion:

#315 Nivek001, Feb 19, 2021
  16. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,417
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    The Pharmacists and Doctors may well disagree with you, Deeje.
    panadol.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,417
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    I totally agree with that.
    It's hard to follow, and requires more time and effort to double read your own quotes.

18. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,417
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    Panadols? LOL.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,644
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    Kevin...learn to use the quote system. When you fail to do that, it makes replying twice as difficult as it needs to be.
    If I hit the reply button there is nothing there......get with the program.....please.
    I have better things to do than try to undo your mistakes.....sorry.

#319 Deeje, Feb 19, 2021
  20. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,540
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    The same Jesus in the same body is NEVER coming back to this world because His physical body died on the cross. Jesus now has a spiritual body in heaven, because that is the ONLY kind of body that exists in heaven, as Paul said:

1 Corinthians 15:40, 44, 50

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

Verse 50 means that dying bodies (physical bodies) cannot inherit what will last forever (heaven).

As an aside, the same Jesus in the same body is not coming back to this world unless the Bible has serious errors or unless Jesus lied: (John 14:19, John 17:4, John 17:11, John 19:30, John 18:36)

If the Bible has these kinds of errors why should any of the other chapters and verses be trusted to be accurate, and if the Bible is not accurate, all of Christianity comes crashing down like a house of cards. This is a serious logical problem for Christians who believe that the same Jesus that walked the Earth 2000 years ago is going to return to this world.

Acts 1:9-11 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

These verses say that the same spirit of Jesus that was taken up to heaven will return from heaven, from the heaven of the Will of God.

The disciples were staring up into the sky as the spirit of Jesus was taken up to heaven out of their sight. The two men dressed in white (angels) came along and asked why they were staring up into the sky because they wondered why the disciples were staring up into the sky. Then the angels told the disciples that the same spirit of Jesus that was taken up to heaven will return just as it went to heaven.

Descending from heaven upon the clouds means that the spirit of Jesus, the Christ Spirit, will be made manifest from the heaven of the will of God and will appear in the form of the human temple. Though delivered from the womb of Mary, Jesus in reality descended from the heaven of the will of God. Baha’u’llah descended in like manner, from the heaven of the will of God.

#320 Trailblazer, Feb 19, 2021