• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Christian’s: Predestination.

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
Does God know everything before it is going to happen?

If so, did he know Adam and Eve would fall?

If not, do you think he would do it all again, knowing they were going to fall?

And why or why not?

Cooky

Veteran Member
I think true Predestination focuses on the belief that certain people are predestined for heaven, and others are predestined for hell. But I'm open for correction.

...If so, it's a pretty cold POV in my opinion.

leov

I think true Predestination focuses on the belief that certain people are predestined for heaven, and others are predestined for hell. But I'm open for correction.

...If so, it's a pretty cold POV in my opinion.
Prodigal Son story reflect this, Elder Son is elect while Younger Son has free will and is to be resurrected from spiritually dead.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

And why or why not?
I can answer that with this: Does God cause miscarriages and serious birth defects?

IMO, we need to operate out of a different paradigm.

Hawkins

And why or why not?

Have you happened to learn some mathematics? It's about the bell shape behavior. Under the work of freewill, both angels and humans will divide. Freewill signifies division. Law is for angels to divide, as a result 2/3 of them are with God and 1/3 are with Satan.

Similarly, under covenants humans will divide, less than 1/3 of them will be saved, thus through the narrow gate.

IsaiahX

Ape That Loves
New Does God know everything before it is going to happen?

I believe so, yes. I believe all knowledge and time is within God by definition, so it is impossible for it to not know anything.

I do not believe in the story of Adam and Eve. If they did exist, however, the same rules regarding God possesing all knowledge would be applied, so God would know of their fate.