• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For all College going religious, or faithful, peoples

SinSaber

At times do you feel a bit uncomfortable with safe space rules. We know were not hateful people, and we prove that in our actions, but doesn't the constant 'You're not allowed to talk about that' get to you? And this is directed towards anyone on the political spectrum.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I encountered a situated where a good friend of mine was physically threatened by a black man for using the word uncle tom when in a discussion toward me. Essentially a man got angry at another persons private conversation. This result in another 3rd party butting in and trying to enforce a safe space that never existed.

As an avid conservative my own views or voting habits cause fights and extremely near physical encounters with others. So yeah, it is ludicrous

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
I have not encountered such a thing at my college, but if it did happen i would believe it a suppression of free speech. May i ask, why are you are asking religious folk only?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
At times do you feel a bit uncomfortable with safe space rules. We know were not hateful people, and we prove that in our actions, but doesn't the constant 'You're not allowed to talk about that' get to you? And this is directed towards anyone on the political spectrum.
Not a fan of safe spaces, myself.

VioletVortex

I'm almost 17, so that is pertinent to me. "Safe spaces" are ridiculous. There's something called respect, and it should be applied when necessitated, but there are plenty of instances where being more harsh will better further your argument.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not once did I experience that during my college education.

SinSaber

I have not encountered such a thing at my college, but if it did happen i would believe it a suppression of free speech. May i ask, why are you are asking religious folk only?

Well, religious people are the ones more likely to be asked to curb their ideas.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Nor did I. I would carry my Bible sometimes and even read it in class sometimes. No one ever said anything to me about it or about discussing it with people.
I saw many people say in front of the class they are Christian. No one cared. Big whoop.