• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

football

King Phenomenon

just saw an nfl player get heated and start to yell at refs. when he saw a female ref. in the area he turned towards the male ref. to yell. Prolly felt like it'd be abuse to direct his anger at a woman. I guess the players will have to get reconditioned that its ok to yell at woman. haha gee

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
just saw an nfl player get heated and start to yell at refs. when he saw a female ref. in the area he turned towards the male ref. to yell. Prolly felt like it'd be abuse to direct his anger at a woman. I guess the players will have to get reconditioned that its ok to yell at woman. haha gee
I’ve noticed this sometimes in AFL.
Blokes will yell and scream abuse at male umpires. But often politely rebuke women umpires. Not always, but it’s something that I’ve seen.
I remember watching a local NRL match as a kid. One side had a lot of Samoans. Big burly guys they all are. One of them got into a heated argument with a male ref. A female ref went up and he politely apologised for his behaviour. His mum was near me. She proudly said out loud, that’s my boy. Always knows how to treat a lady. (Indeed you do NOT want to mess with a Somalian mum. They be hella strict and fast with the broom!)

King Phenomenon

I’ve noticed this sometimes in AFL.
Blokes will yell and scream abuse at male umpires. But often politely rebuke women umpires. Not always, but it’s something that I’ve seen.
I remember watching a local NRL match as a kid. One side had a lot of Samoans. Big burly guys they all are. One of them got into a heated argument with a male ref. A female ref went up and he politely apologised for his behaviour. His mum was near me. She proudly said out loud, that’s my boy. Always knows how to treat a lady. (Indeed you do NOT want to mess with a Somalian mum. They be hella strict and fast with the broom!)
wouldnt call it abuse.
call it tradition/entertainment
like when a mlb coach chews out the ump for making a bad call.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
wouldnt call it abuse.
call it tradition/entertainment
like when a mlb coach chews out the ump for making a bad call.
I would, insofar as it is literally abusive behaviour. But it’s just part of the game and I’m sure they all have a beer down the pub later on anyway, without any hard feelings ;)