• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fool proof method for choosing a path

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
id say yes and no... God is the self without quality, yet has the chracteristic of Naturallness...

So I am a trait of god as too is earths orbit as well as zeus? But only ad an aspect. God is beyond haveing traits. An everything nothing kind of primal force?
Personal or deistic? And sorry if i went off topic

Vichar

And to Vichar... your totally right its really hard to express vedanta (and similar systems) in english. I manage because its my only language(besides basic sankrit, which is pretty much dead) im looking to find a Hindi tutor to rectafy this problem, as it limits the amount of people one can teach. ive noticed that what would take a Hindi-sankrit speaker one word to say, it takes me three or four english words to say...
For example: "Brahman" is known in english as "the whole of everything" or "God, the absolute"

I agree that sanskrit would be a better choice for what we are discussing. For example, instead of "divine love" (which is still quite overloaded in our language) I might have simply said "bhajan" and it would have been more specific.

I would like to add, however, that successful communication really just requires willing communicators on both sides. Sincerity and honest interest in the speaker's meaning are so much more valuable than precision of terms. :) I'm sure English will work just fine for us.

shivadas

well i just try to boil it down so my brain can grasp it better, so i polarize the one God into male and female... my idea of God is simple...
There is one self,one soul shared by many, this is the Great-Spirit...
There is only one phenominal universe, one mass of energy we call matter, our bodies and minds are apart of this universe, she is Mother-Nature....
and so there is only one supreme truth... he is its soul, and she is its body....

this is how i do it but really whatever works for you all ways of seeing God are true..

Iti oj

Premium Member
well i just try to boil it down so my brain can grasp it better, so i polarize the one God into male and female... my idea of God is simple...
There is one self,one soul shared by many, this is the Great-Spirit...
There is only one phenominal universe, one mass of energy we call matter, our bodies and minds are apart of this universe, she is Mother-Nature....
and so there is only one supreme truth... he is its soul, and she is its body....

this is how i do it but really whatever works for you all ways of seeing God are true..

Love is what I got beauty is what I see,

This thread makes me happy.

shivadas

The easiest way to see God is via the law of attraction.
"You must want god more than air"

I personally follow a practice of yoga
I mix jnana yoga(union through knowledge) and bhakti yoga(union through devotion)
I bask in the divine knowledge that God is in and around all things, and thus is not this or that but all things...and I love God with such heartfelt sincerity that I see the divine in all things everywhere...
It all the same as before, but its like seeing for the first time...

Iti oj

Premium Member
I want this that are aspects of god. like love compassion beauty humanism etc
I focus on these. maybe i know god better then i realize xp

shivadas

You seem like a cool guy I think if you meditate you'll have you very own breakthrough/awakening/seeing
There are many routes to "yoga" "Zen" or "union"

"Effort leads to attainment" - Siva Sutras

Iti oj

Premium Member
You seem like a cool guy I think if you meditate you'll have you very own breakthrough/awakening/seeing
There are many routes to "yoga" "Zen" or "union"

"Effort leads to attainment" - Siva Sutras
I was just talkng to my gf about needing to practice more meditation. Trance is great for my magical practice but meditation seems more prudent for spiritual practices.
Edit haha thanks i feel the same way. accept my friends request jesh.