• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Foods you hate

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Is there a common food that is generally liked that you absolutely hate? One that others revel in but that you will spit out whenever it touches your lips?

For me, that food is tomatoes. People seems to like these vile little fruits, but I can't figure out why. From taste, to texture, to smell, I see nothing redeeming in them in their natural state.

I can *tolerate* them in pizza if there is enough cheese to cover the taste. I have eaten bruschetta if there is enough garlic to cover the taste of the tomatoes. But I simply can't stand anything like a spaghetti sauce or lasagna (I actually thought lasagna was a joke at one point---why would anyone eat it??)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm the same with tomatoes. If I'm eating them, it's a pasta, pizza, or marinara sauce. I rarely even use ketchup.
I also hate green vegetables. To me, they're all just as bitter as liking a 9v battery.
Onions should all die.
Bananas, jello, and sushi all make me gag.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Raw onions, the texture freaks me out. What is odd is I like the flavor, so if well cooked, or dice small enough, or even onion powder I am fine. But a large chunk of raw onion, insta gag!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Raw onions, the texture freaks me out. What is odd is I like the flavor, so if well cooked, or dice small enough, or even onion powder I am fine. But a large chunk of raw onion, insta gag!
To me, just the faintest taste of them will kill and ruin a dish for me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I love me a slice'o raw onion on a hamburger!

I hate soft white bread....I always have.
It turns back into dough when chewing.
Nasty texture, & tasteless.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I do not hate foods, because foods could care less whether I hated hem or not, but nonetheless. . .

White bread, sugar, white rice, white potatoes, all refined carbohydrates, fast food, callabash seafood, and British fish and chips (you can read yesterday's newspaper on the fish.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sauerkraut. The stench alone is stomach turning. Can't stand the smell of vinegar, either. Used to feel the same way about mustard but acquired a tolerance for it.
Sauerkraut & bratwurst......heaven on earth!
But hotdogs are disgusting....that homogenized
texture, & weird not-quite-meat taste.

Coffee tastes like it has just been shot out of Satan's ringpiece. It especially annoys me in tiramisu because that looks really delicious but unfortunately had been violated by the evil bean. Also when it tricks you by hiding inside the fondant of a delicious looking handmade chocolate creating an experience of overwhelming disgust coupled with the anger about the missed opportunity to eat a delicious looking handmade chocolate.

Also I love tea and drink 15+ cups a day, but if it has got sugar in it, then it is repugnant and makes me want to weep.

Finally, durian, which is supposed to be a fruit, but is more like what I imagine the experience of eating a zombie would be like.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
This will sound odd maybe, but since going vegetarian my palette has changed and I find some meat tastes actually unappetizing to think about. Like steak for example. The way I remember steak tasting isn't altogether pleasant. You can taste the blood in the meat. Even when cooked.

I do dislike sauerkraut. I can't handle it.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hmmm. Let's see.

Caraway seed. (Didn't like it from the first time I had it put in front of me.)
Beef liver or anything liver, really. I literally have a hard time swallowing it. I have never cooked it in my adult life, as I am still dealing with the trauma from my childhood.
Horseradish, although I can stand Wasabi sauce... to a degree. I love sushi.
Fat of any kind. Ewwwww. I would not make a very good Eskimo.
Sugar. I just don't use it. I don't like super sweet things.
Salt. I just don't use it. I don't dislike it though. I will put it on fried potatoes!
Goat Feta cheese. More in the dislike column. I will eat it, but I don't care for it.
A salad green that is very common these days. I think it is fennel. To my taste buds it tastes like soap. Ewwww.