• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Foods Acceptable to God and Good Nutrition According to the Scriptures

I just finished a bible study on what foods are acceptable to God in accordance to the Torah and new covenant of the Messiah, what foods are better for the body, and what the culprit of many diseases is. *EDIT*

Last edited by a moderator:
Really. You need help

How is this illogical? Everything we do must be acceptable to God,

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2)

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall
So, let me get this straight. God is looking on judging everyone and everything they do.

So, let me get this straight. God is looking on judging everyone and everything they do.

Why would you think that a God who meticulously formed every molecular structure making up every strand of DNA in your body would somehow not consider every action from a body he formed? It would be like me programming a very complex piece of software, and overlooking errors in its function. You haven't really thought this through, and the one who really needs help is you, if you think somehow God overlooks everything we do.

Trackdayguy

Why would you think that a God who meticulously formed every molecular structure making up every strand of DNA in your body would somehow not consider every action from a body he formed? It would be like me programming a very complex piece of software, and overlooking errors in its function. You haven't really thought this through, and the one who really needs help is you, if you think somehow God overlooks everything we do.

You logic is sound but your underlying assumptions about our existence are flawed.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I just finished a bible study on what foods are acceptable to God in accordance to the Torah and new covenant of the Messiah, what foods are better for the body, and what the culprit of many diseases is. Check out the study here Foods Acceptable to God and Good Nutrition According to the Scriptures | Wisdom of God .
Definitely a healthier way of living...

Not that you would be condemned for eating differently but rather you just increase your opportunity to leave earth a little earlier.

Trackdayguy

Tell me, does anyone ever look at a car and say "that car came to be after millions of years of wind and rocks moving over that land"?

I'm sorry you can't use a car as an example, because it's not a living thing. It was created by man. Science has proved beyond doubt that man (you & I ) evolved from a single cell.

I'm sorry you can't use a car as an example, because it's not a living thing. It was created by man. Science has proved beyond doubt that man (you & I ) evolved from a single cell.

Precisely my point. If in fact a non-living thing cannot make itself into a car, why would you think that non-living molecules would somehow make themselves into living bodies? There is a disconnect in your logic, where you fail to understand that at some point a creator must've initiated "life", because something that is non-living cannot make itself "living", only someone that was already alive, God, can bring forth "life" into existence, which is the complex metabolic bodies we possess. This is why there is a scripture that says, "only a fool says there is no God", because in looking at our own bodies, to say that these bodies brought themselves into existence, as one would say a car brought itself into existence, is absurd. Not to mention our bodies possess tremendous function, in an outward form that is minimalistic and symmetrical, which further indicates one thing, design. To believe God exists is an intelligent conclusion. To believe that everything that exists, not only life but even just matter itself, brought itself into existence, as if something that does not exist can bring itself into existence, is stupid and absurd.

Trackdayguy

The problem with your theory (and that's what it is) is the word "someone" I'm assuming you mean a theistic personal God.

Actually I'm more comfortable being stupid & absurd rather than deceived and deluded. We will never see eye to eye, so I see no point in continuing the conversation. I'm happy for you that you believe what you believe, it makes no difference to me. Thing is, I used to believe it until the lights came on for me.

Last edited:
The problem with your theory (and that's what it is) is the word "someone" I'm assuming you mean a theistic personal God.

My theory? The scriptures have been passed down for thousands of years by men closer to the beginning than you ever were. But besides the historical evidences of the scriptures, you never addressed my question. How do non-living molecules become a living body? How do you stack up a bunch of rocks and wait for them to become a living body? How do you stack up a bunch of carbon molecules in a laboratory and wait for them to become a living body, or even a living cell, which in itself has extremely complex metabolic function? Your scientists love to call their theories "science" and "fact", but never have they seen nor made something non-living become something living, no different than a bunch of rocks never made themselves into a car. The only reason you don't realize how stupid and absurd the fantasies that you call facts are is only because you don't want to believe the truth, so you have made yourself believe a lie, as stupid as it is. Just a few months ago I was arguing with someone that had made himself believe the earth was flat, and there was no way to persuade him otherwise, even as absurd as his belief was. Such is the case with those who negate the existence of God. They think themselves very intelligent with their experiments and fancy equipment, but are dumber than our ancestors thousands of years ago who worshiped idols, but at least they knew some god existed.

Trackdayguy

I would agree with you that only a fool says there is no God. But that's where the problem starts, what sort of God are we talking about.

Science knows very little about the cell formation, so concluding that there must be some great power out there to some degree is sound logic, but to assume that this greater power (which you call God) is a Theist and puppet God subject to the whims of men is nonsense on a grand scale. One needs less faith to believe in Father Christmas.

Last edited: