• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Food you like

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I will not eat veal but not just for that reason, in Holland for example they are in a confined space and fed on milk never to see the sky.
In the U.S. the "veal crate" appears to be largely a thing of the past. And that might be true for Holland as well. It appears that in the European Union countries that such practices would be banned:

Calves - Food Safety - European Commission

I would be a bit leery of anti-meat sources. PETA has not been the most reliable source in the U.S. and you may have the same in jolly old.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Saw the geese fed once, no food item is worth that

There is a farm near us. The farmer has what i like to call free range cows. With a mountain on one side, a river on the other they are free to roam between. He also keeps geese and supplies the local foie gras canneries. Ill never understand how he can treat his cows so well and ...

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
There is a farm near us. The farmer has what i like to call free range cows. With a mountain on one side, a river on the other they are free to roam between. He also keeps geese and supplies the local foie gras canneries. Ill never understand how he can treat his cows so well and ...

Its big money but its horrid,like veal it's cruel but veal is a by product of the dairy industry, with dairy goats most kids are dispatched at birth, none of it is good.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
In the U.S. the "veal crate" appears to be largely a thing of the past. And that might be true for Holland as well. It appears that in the European Union countries that such practices would be banned:

Calves - Food Safety - European Commission

I would be a bit leery of anti-meat sources. PETA has not been the most reliable source in the U.S. and you may have the same in jolly old.

I've seen the crate method, the pale meat is desired in Europe, I think Rose veal may be a little kinder, veal isn't a big seller in the UK so the calves usually get to live a year to 18 months.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Spaghetti Carbonara for breakfast!
Left over spaghetti carbonara, iron skillet. Fry it a bit, take an egg or two and beat it and pour over it. Try to get just a little crunch into the pasta before adding the egg. Cook both sides a bit and top off with some fresh parmesan.

Flame

Beware
An acquired taste but Tiger Meat. Give me some crackers and I'll have a lb of it gone within a few hours.

IMG_20130530_134905.jpg

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Left over spaghetti carbonara, iron skillet. Fry it a bit, take an egg or two and beat it and pour over it. Try to get just a little crunch into the pasta before adding the egg. Cook both sides a bit and top off with some fresh parmesan.
What? Spaghetti alla Carbonara without bacon cubes?
If a Roman from Trastevere read this, he would commit suicide.
An acquired taste but Tiger Meat. Give me some crackers and I'll have a lb of it gone within a few hours.

IMG_20130530_134905.jpg
Sounds interesting. I've never eaten raw meat...Some people eat raw Sicilian sausage (pork meat, lard, pepper, chili pepper, spices).
images

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What? Spaghetti alla Carbonara without bacon cubes?
If a Roman from Trastevere read this, he would commit suicide.

Sounds interesting. I've never eaten raw meat...Some people eat raw Sicilian sausage (pork meat, lard, pepper, chili pepper, spices).
images
No, it already has bacon cubes. This is made from the left overs when the batch was more than could be eaten in one sitting.