• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Food you like

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Mrs Revolt makes the best meat loaf.
It's her mother's recipe (from the old country)....
- Ground turkey (formerly pork) formed into a pie tin,.
- Anchovies on top, arranged radially.
- Steam to cook.

Why "formerly pork" ?

ChristineM

Premium Member
We like turkey more.
But she still uses pork occasionally.

Ahh, ok, when i read your post i though perhaps you had taken up Judaism or Islam or maybe some other anti pork reason. I'll have to try it with ground turkey

ChristineM

Premium Member
Spaghetti Carbonara for breakfast!

Not sure about breakfast, but oh yes, yum. The best i ever had was in certaldo, Italy, no sauce (northern version) just tagliatelle, panchetta and garlic with a raw egg on top. Mix in the egg and the heat of the pasta cooks it...

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Red bean baozi made with real red beans and not just red bean paste

ChristineM

Premium Member
Figs are in season and there is little to better a hot goats cheese and roast fig salad.

While the figs are roasting in honey throw together a salad and mix a dressing of 1/3 balsamic vinegar, 1/3 walnut oil (or olive oil) 1/3 honey.
Cut rounds of baguette about 1/2 inch thick, lightly toast, top them with rounds of goats cheese and grill until melting.

Place a couple of the figs and a couple or cheeses on top of the salad, and sprinkle with the dressing

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
No cooking required, oysters with onion vinegar, pickled herrings and a delicious ceviche of salmon and something like kingfish,must be fresh as possible.

Slice the raw fish thinly and arrange on a serving dish, slice some red onion thin as possible,and scatter over the fish, cut orange segments so theres no membrane and scatter those over the fish, in a small mix in bowl add some fresh orange juice and lime, a little fish sauce, a tiny drop of sesame oil, finely chopped bird's-eye chilli and crushed garlic and a dash of soy and season to taste, spoon this mixture over the fish but don't flood it, cover in clingfilm and put in the fridge, the longer you leave it the more the fish is cooked by the chemical reaction, half an hour I'm munching it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, in some ways you are murdering a newborn for veal.

Veal usually comes from young male milk cows. Full grown they are poor beef cows and there is no need for an equal number of male and female milk cows. Veal is traditionally a use of a resource that would go to waste otherwise.