• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Food you like

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Living in France I'm spoiled with great food, market fresh and fantastic restaurants. But what I want to discuss is homemade food that you really enjoy. If you like post the recipe and maybe others can get a taste of what you enjoy. Or just tell what you like to eat.

I'll start the ball rolling with roast veg. I really love this, it's easy to make, very tasty and goes well either with fish or meat.

Cube potatoes along with a few vegetables in season, capsicums, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, courgette etc. Parboil the firmer ones then drizzle a little oil over, a pinch of herbs de Provence or mixed herbs. Spread out on an oven tray and bung it in the oven at 190c, 275f, gas 5 until all is tender. Job done, enjoy.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Wiener Schnitzel is amazing when it's done properly, with veal. Veal Marsala is also something that I'd murder a newborn to have. Veal is just...good. Not quite beef, but also not pork. Just delicious.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
One of my signature recipes is spaghetti with meat balls. My latest foray into meatball land has been with a healthy dollop of Madras curry. The curry and the spaghetti sauce go together marvelously, adding a hint of sweetness to the sauce. Likewise, I've long since abandoned adding lemon juice and now favor lime juice. It's got a far better kick and give the sauce that je ne c'est quoi. And, of course, never overcook the pasta.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like food from all food groups, both bacon & non-bacon.
I forget the name of what might be my favorite dish at my favorite Chinese restaurant.
It's a casserole with dried salted fish, chicken, tofu & fungus.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
one pound of ground beef
half a green bell pepper
one thick slice of white onion
one can of diced tomato
three small handfuls of elbow macaroni

prep to your taste each item
mix

enjoy

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know how to make it specifically, because it's a dish my friend's mum always makes, but Filipino curry puffs are amazing! They're sort of like somosas with puff pastry, a more smooshy filling and a sweet and sour dipping sauce. Whenever there is a big do on with my friend, her mum always cooks a smorgasbord, but we always fight each other for the curry puffs lol.
Curry Puffs

I also quite like Puri. Which is basically deep fried pancakes ma makes. lol
Very simple really. Flour (usually wholemeal works best) warm water (or milk if you are inclined.) Kneed the dough, make circles rolling it reasonably thin and have boiling olive (or rice or vege) oil in a deep pan or wok. Always keep the oil at boiling temperature or it'll make the dough soggy. Submerge each circle (have to make sure it's completely submerged) and flip it over when it puffs up. Should only take 30 seconds to a minute for each Puri. You can eat it with anything, curry, use it as a wrap or even just by itself as a snack. I like to eat it hot with honey or with Aloo (potato) curry.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Wiener Schnitzel is amazing when it's done properly, with veal. Veal Marsala is also something that I'd murder a newborn to have. Veal is just...good. Not quite beef, but also not pork. Just delicious.
Well, in some ways you are murdering a newborn for veal.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

When i was much younger i went to Bulgaria on business, the only meat available was veal. It's something you can neverr have too much off.

Ekleipsis

Well, I'm a retired chef, so I like just about anything

My background was mainly Italian / french, but now that I am retired I have taken a liking to Indian food

There's just something comforting about making samosas

:p

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
One of my signature recipes is spaghetti with meat balls. My latest foray into meatball land has been with a healthy dollop of Madras curry. The curry and the spaghetti sauce go together marvelously, adding a hint of sweetness to the sauce. Likewise, I've long since abandoned adding lemon juice and now favor lime juice. It's got a far better kick and give the sauce that je ne c'est quoi. And, of course, never overcook the pasta.

An Italian told me the secret of a good spaghetti sauce is smoked bacon. It's to die for.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Well, I'm a retired chef, so I like just about anything

My background was mainly Italian / french, but now that I am retired I have taken a liking to Indian food

There's just something comforting about making samosas

:p

There is something comforting about great food..

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I don't know how to make it specifically, because it's a dish my friend's mum always makes, but Filipino curry puffs are amazing! They're sort of like somosas with puff pastry, a more smooshy filling and a sweet and sour dipping sauce. Whenever there is a big do on with my friend, her mum always cooks a smorgasbord, but we always fight each other for the curry puffs lol.
Curry Puffs

I also quite like Puri. Which is basically deep fried pancakes ma makes. lol
Very simple really. Flour (usually wholemeal works best) warm water (or milk if you are inclined.) Kneed the dough, make circles rolling it reasonably thin and have boiling olive (or rice or vege) oil in a deep pan or wok. Always keep the oil at boiling temperature or it'll make the dough soggy. Submerge each circle (have to make sure it's completely submerged) and flip it over when it puffs up. Should only take 30 seconds to a minute for each Puri. You can eat it with anything, curry, use it as a wrap or even just by itself as a snack. I like to eat it hot with honey or with Aloo (potato) curry.

I love crepes, French style pancakes. Make the mix the night before and leave it in the fridge until morning. For filling, fresh strawberry compote with a few uncooked strawberries or a fresh orange sauce with a shot of cognac.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mrs Revolt makes the best meat loaf.
It's her mother's recipe (from the old country)....
- Ground turkey (formerly pork) formed into a pie tin,.
- Anchovies on top, arranged radially.
- Steam to cook.