• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fomenting Ymir big Jen!

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
So, I've been using android phones for a while now. I've gotten used to the way the typing on those works, the auto correct functions, and the ways deleting and selecting text works. In the job I do at the hospital now, I'm required to keep in touch with the medical staff in the hospital with their Iphones, so I had to start using those.

Getting used to using the thing didn't take too long. It's not too terribly different from an android, but... god damn! The typing function just plain sucks. Like... When I go to tell my medical team "Gmorning!" It just automatically goes to "Fomenting!" And when I take the time to type it out the way the damn machine wants me to by saying "Good Morning Jen," all the sudden I am insulting someone by calling them "Ymir big Jen!" I Never just say "Np!" to people when they thank me for doing them a favor. Instead, I yell "No!" at them...

For real; when am I ever going to be talking about Ymir or fomenting in regular conversation? Apple hasn't seemed to have geared it's auto correct functions for regular dialogue, especially in the information age where people use acronyms in texts.

Not only does the autocorrect function suck, but when I do make a mistake and try to go back, the vertical bar never goes exactly where I want it to when I touch the screen. It always goes to the ends of words instead of next to the letter I want to delete directly... So I have to delete half of the word just to get to the one letter I wanted to change. Also, if I do decide I want to delete large swathes of text, it starts deleting large CHUNKS of text when I hold it for more than 2 seconds. That makes it impossible to know when to stop without it deleting things that I wanted to SAVE!

Ugh... How about you guys? Are there things about your phones that just irk you?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Although i have tested out apple devices, or because i have tested out apple device's I've never bothered with them.

I am talking early macs which i just could not get on with. They were supposed to be the be all and end all od graphics machines. To me they were too quirky and often enought couldn't meet my needs.

That was a long time ago but it left an impression so no i phones for me.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Although i have tested out apple devices, or because i have tested out apple device's I've never bothered with them.

I am talking early macs which i just could not get on with. They were supposed to be the be all and end all od graphics machines. To me they were too quirky and often enought couldn't meet my needs.

That was a long time ago but it left an impression so no i phones for me.

Yahhh... To me, apple products always came across from the outside as a luxury item that was "just supposed to work."

After playing around with em, ick. I thought Androids were buggy and messy, but at least they perform in a way that's intuitive.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yahhh... To me, apple products always came across from the outside as a luxury item that was "just supposed to work."

After playing around with em, ick. I thought Androids were buggy and messy, but at least they perform in a way that's intuitive.

Year but i do wish my dad would have bought me some shares when they first launched.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've been an Android user for quite some time now and have not experienced the iPhone. One thing that made my life much easier was the ability to pair the phone with a PC so I can type long text or even sort ones on the PC.

Of course it's not true when mobile, but it's the bees knees when I'm home.

Otherwise, the phone sometimes acts like a half-trained dog and might or might not do what I want. Usually I can spot it but sometimes I see what I meant not what the result was and wind up amazing, confusing or annoying the recipient.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I don't allow such machines to do my talking for me -- I turn all that nonsense off. Once I discovered that they all think my chief goal in life is to sound like a blithering idiot, that was enough.

Problem is, nowadays the natural assumption is that everybody uses words of no more than 1 syllable -- and preferably fewer. If you do anything else, software is there to thwart you at every turn.