• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flying in dreams

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
I often dream I'm flying and this happens since my childhood.

Sometimes flying is pleasant like panorama, sometimes it's very slow and lengthy,
sometimes I make fun of people because they can't fly but other times it goes dangerous
ex. I fly so high that I run out of air feeling I'm going to die but then it takes significant effort to get down.

In a nutshell my dreams about flying are very diverse and real and happening all my life.

I heard other people have flying dreams, but how to interpret them?
Is anyone skilled in interpretation of flying?

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Sometimes, I have dreams about flying, too. I assume you refer to flying in Superman-style, and not by airplane? It might indicate you're dreaming of literally "leaving everything behind" in a situation you may deem inescapable, especially if you're not able to leave by any other means, such as walking away.

syo

I hate flying. And the worst part is that my flying dreams are all lucid.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
I've only had one dream about flying - that I remember. It was at least partially lucid, because I could control my direction at will, and I was aware I was in a dream making decisions. I was flying over a vast medieval city, intricately and exquisitely detailed in a way my waking mind could never conceive. I was flying like a hawk does, soaring in circles, looking down left and right, trying to take it all in. I've written down a lot of amazing dreams after waking, have done so for years. But this one, it was different from all the rest. Often my dreams are anxiety dreams, in that I'm trapped - in a room with a door that won't open or I can't close against an intruder, out-of-control elevators, hallways with no end. That's not to say they're nightmares, I'm rarely terrified in them although it's happened. Lots of time they're just absurd. More than anything it's just fascinating to remember some of my unconscious mind's activity. Makes me wonder what our minds could do if they weren't held back by daytime. For the good, that is. For the bad, I wouldn't want to know. Yikes. Nevermind.

vijeno

My flying in dreams is always labored, mostly just a few feet above ground, or maybe a few stories high. Often more like "swimming through the air". Always in a public, traffic-y space, like a street or over buildings. Sometimes I have to avoid electric wires or something. Once I was in traffic, "swimming" a few centimeters above ground, and I was worried that the other drivers might not see me. It's never glorious, though sometimes it feels "refreshing" or "fun".

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
My experience with flying dreams lasted only a few months then they were gone. I miss them as they were exhilarating. I even got to see my deceased father in one of the flying dreams. I've heard flying dreams are sexual.That was not my experience. I never tried to interpret those dreams before but they did make me feel superior to other folks...

Ebionite

When I'm lucid dreaming I remember that I can fly. I find it easy to start but tend to lose lucidity when flying. A variant of flying that I like is skating.