• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flying Fox Colony

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I stopped by a bat colony to take some photos on my way home from grocery shopping this morning. I think they're Grey-headed Flying Foxes but not 100% sure of that.

DSCN9329.JPG

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I love bats. Such lovable looking little buggers. As long as we aren't eating them and getting sick from it.

I like the insectivorous Micro Bats we get that come out on dusk although I was terrified of them as a kid because my parents told me they get tangled in your hair which is a load of hogwash. The Flying Foxes I'm not so keen on especially when the neighbours palm trees are flowering and they spend all night in there screaming. They do serve an important roll in the environment pollinating trees so I try and not hold a few nights of interrupted sleep against them.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I like the insectivorous Micro Bats we get that come out on dusk although I was terrified of them as a kid because my parents told me they get tangled in your hair which is a load of hogwash. The Flying Foxes I'm not so keen on especially when the neighbours palm trees are flowering and they spend all night in there screaming. They do serve an important roll in the environment pollinating trees so I try and not hold a few nights of interrupted sleep against them.

The screaming could be annoying for sure. Never had to Dela with them so I'm not privy to there typical habits. We only have the little insect eaters here.