• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flowers in the kitchen

dianaiad

I pronounce the H in herbs, or i should but with a Lancashire accent it sounds like i don't. It works in france though, the only time my accent actually works in my favour, 'erbs, 'opital etc. H although used in spelling is silent when spoken

Roses, i have mixed luck, some survive and thrive, others, i just dont know, one day they are fine, next day it looks like someone pulled all the leaves off.

If you don't mind could you say, roughly, to within a hundred miles or so, where are you. Sounds like the UK but i had the impression you were from the land down under.

Nope. I live in Southern California, home of the liberal nutcases. ....about 40 miles from Edwards Air Force Base., in the city where the Flat Earth Society originated (though they have since moved to England). It is a real contradiction, the town I live in; really actively environmentally conscious, being the very first city in the USA to require solar panels on every new construction, and phasing in a requirement that all existing structures head that way. A bunch of real tree huggers, that's us...

And nearly every single person in the area voted for Trump. If you can figure us out, more power to you! I mean, it makes sense to ME, but it drives the normal California liberal batty.

What that means in terms of accent is....well, I speak "TV Announcer American English' with a sprinkling of "Utah" west. Which means I don't pronounce the "H" in 'herbs," but anywhere ELSE there is an 'H', it gets voiced.

As to roses: all you have to do here is plant a rose bush and spit at it occasionally. We don't even have a big problem with aphids. Just remembering to dead head.