• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida proposes first ever election police force.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
It was also abolished in UK
Huh?
I must have missed that.

I do know that the current UK rightwing government wants to bring in measures to counteract the fraud that does not exist. What's that you say, it's really an attempt to supress voting by the segment of society less likely to vote rightwing? Nonsense I say, nonsense.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Huh?
I must have missed that.

I do know that the current UK rightwing government wants to bring in measures to counteract the fraud that does not exist. What's that you say, it's really an attempt to supress voting by the segment of society less likely to vote rightwing? Nonsense I say, nonsense.

As far as I know, there was no electronic voting in the last parliamentary elections.
But if you know there was, tell me where I can read about it, please.:)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
As far as I know, there was no electronic voting in the last parliamentary elections.
But if you know there was, tell me where I can read about it, please.:)
As far as I know electronic voting is not a thing here. Never has been. I've been voting in local, general and European elections for 40 years.

"Ways of voting
You can vote:

You cannot vote online in any elections."

- How to vote

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
In Germany electronic voting was abolished after Angela Merkel was elected.
Proving that the elections must have been fraudulent, since the True People would have never elected such a slave to the international, rootless banking elite. Correct?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Given the events that happened last January, perhaps DeSantis and other politicians should look into supporting a police force to counter insurrection attempts rather than unproven "voter fraud."
I don't think DeSantis has this in mind as much as frightening minority voters.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I don't think it's really necessary as we already have the FBI.

But on the other hand, if a special police force is engaged on the fly, it might detect and enforce fraud much sooner and quicker and apprehend those responsible in a way that helps avoid after the facts issues that have plauged our modern day elections.

What do you think? Should there be a police force soley focused on preservation of the voting system?

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Proposes First-of-Its-Kind Election Police Force | Democracy Now!
Who will this special Florida election police force answer to in Florida? DeSantis himself? Will they wear brown shirts?

This is a governor who has a law that makes it illegal for businesses and schools to mandate masks. Is he a guy we can trust working for the public good?

F1fan

Veteran Member
So far the replies seem to be nothing but a bunch of pro-democracy leftists out to destroy the republican way of life.

Let's hear from conservatives. Being shy for a reason?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Proving that the elections must have been fraudulent, since the True People would have never elected such a slave to the international, rootless banking elite. Correct?

It has nothing to do with that.
Electronic voting is not safe, regardless of the outcome.

PureX

Veteran Member
Back in the old days Chicago used to have "election police", too. All cronies of the "machine" politicians and their mobster associates. They were there to make sure that the 'fix' stayed fixed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't think it's really necessary as we already have the FBI.

But on the other hand, if a special police force is engaged on the fly, it might detect and enforce fraud much sooner and quicker and apprehend those responsible in a way that helps avoid after the facts issues that have plauged our modern day elections.

What do you think? Should there be a police force soley focused on preservation of the voting system?

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Proposes First-of-Its-Kind Election Police Force | Democracy Now!
Not surprised this party is scared to death of some other non-existent boogeyman. They already fear an anthropomorphic red goat, so what's another crazy thing to be afraid of?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It appears unnecessary....unless one believes
that Trump's win was stolen. There's a risk that
cops in a highly politically charged environment
with a governor who wants a particular outcome
might be corrupt.

I'd put it as "will be corrupt". I can see them standing guns drawn at majority black polling places demanding proof of citizenship for all who come to vote. It is part of the right-wing attempt to steal upcoming elections. STOP THE STEAL.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
In Germany electronic voting was abolished after Angela Merkel was elected.
No, actually! They abolished the specific type of voting machine used in the 1998-2005 trial runs, but the Verfassungsgericht did not rule out electronic voting in principle, so long as it can be sufficiently safeguarded against fraud.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'd put it as "will be corrupt". I can see them standing guns drawn at majority black polling places demanding proof of citizenship for all who come to vote. It is part of the right-wing attempt to steal upcoming elections. STOP THE STEAL.
Seems a rather extreme vision.

PureX

Veteran Member
I recall going to vote in Chicago in the 80s and seeing a big scary guy standing over the ballot box. He'd tell you to hand your ballot to him, and he would put it in the slot in the box (why?). And as he did so, he would tell you your name, and where you lived (not just the address, but by description), and who you worked for (none of this was on the ballot). Now, I never saw or met this guy in my life, so how did he know me? And why did he want me to know that he knew me? I'll tell you why. He wanted me to know, and everyone that was voting to know, that the 'Chicago machine' was watching. And that they had a very long reach. It was about intimidation, plain and simple.

This will be the inevitable result of establishing "election police". Guaranteed.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So far the replies seem to be nothing but a bunch of pro-democracy leftists out to destroy the republican way of life.

Let's hear from conservatives. Being shy for a reason?
No not really. It's just letting the readers know who is actually showing their true colors as indicated by the sheer hatred of the right while defending themselves as being the sole saviors of the entirety of democracy.

Of course, everyone knows how blue states are run and the results of each election in terms of how it effects their respective populations.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Who will this special Florida election police force answer to in Florida? DeSantis himself? Will they wear brown shirts?

This is a governor who has a law that makes it illegal for businesses and schools to mandate masks. Is he a guy we can trust working for the public good?
I dunno. It an idea he's floating around , but it seems you already have a pre made picture on how the police force actually will be structured and implemented.

I personally don't think you will be meeting Big Tony at the polling place handing out the ballot forms giving you a wink and a scowl.