• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida or Tennessee?

Do you like Florida or Tennessee better?

• Tennessee

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Florida

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Ok, so my friend Christa and I are having this contest. She's trying to prove that more people like Florida, I'm trying to prove that more people like Tennessee. So which place would you rather live and why?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Florida is too hot and sunny for me.
Tennessee has many forest and mountains to go through. I even plan on moving thier in a few years.

evearael

I've been to Tennessee and what I've seen is quite pretty. I've not been to Florida, but I have family there. The projected image of Florida is youth worship and conspicuous consumption matched with a retirement community and lack of basic arithmetic. That is not likely anywhere close to the reality of it, but I'll stick with what I've seen.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I've lived both places actually. It all depends on where in each state you live. I lived on the outskirts of Memphis in Tennessee and in Jacksonville in Florida. Both were fine. Plenty to do. It does get hot in Florida but it's not so bad near the coast. It is rainier than all get out there though. In Florida you have 2 seasons...wet and dry!

While if I had my choice of anywhere to move back to it would be California, if I had to choose between the two presented I suppose it would be Tennessee. Milder weather, lower cost of living, not as wet or hot, no extremes either way really. I would miss my water, but I suppose I would just make a point of living near a lake. ;)

Draka

Wonder Woman
standing_alone said:
I've visited both states and I like Florida better.

Florida is more fun to visit. I can attest to that having vacationed both places as well as lived both places. But for quality of living, Tennessee is better. To me you can say it is one of those "Great place to visit but wouldn't want to live there" things when it comes to Florida. And I lived in Florida longer than I lived in Tennessee.:p

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I grew up in Kentucky so I've been to Tennessee quite a few times. It's a lot like Kentucky, just further south. So I pick Florida because that's where Miami is, and I LOVE Miami.:jiggy:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Last time I was in Florida, for spring break a few years ago, was sleep. Ocasionaly I would wake up and walk the beach late at night, but that was it.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Hmmm...
Everglades vs Great Smokey Mountains
beaches vs woods
snorkeling vs hiking
Disneyworld vs Dollywood
Miami vs Memphis
Key West vs Nashville
seafood & key lime pie vs barbeque

In general Tennessee seems to be a lot more charming and real than Florida. But I love Miami and the Keys. Love, love, love them!! :p Plus, I love cuban food and oysters and key lime pie. So I'm gonna go with Florida, but only because of the southern tip of the state.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
No offense to all the wonderful people who are from and/or live in Tennessee but I am subjected to Maryville, a little town outside of Knoxville two or three times a year when we go to visit the in laws and let me put it to you this way...as beautiful as it is and as sweet as the people are...Tennessee just isn't my thing...

I can actually TELL when we get back to Virginia before I see the signs. No lie.

I much prefer PARTS of Florida over Tennessee any day. I prefer the warmth, the palms...the culture...everything is just a bit more...ME.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Florida is more fun to visit.

I certainly agree. Panama City Beach is my second-home, I have been vacationing there every other summer since I was born. There's more to see and do, but I'm a Tennessee girl, and nothing makes me happier than coming home.

Florida sometimes seems a little too wild and crazy for me, the places I've visited anyway. I can be pretty wild and crazy, but I prefer taking it slow and being among friendly people who never fail to shake your hand or give you a smile. Florida is stunningly beautiful, but I'll always love the rolling green hills we have here, the catfish instead of dolphins, the buttermilk pie opposed to key lime, the banjo instead of loud rap music blaring into the late hours of the night from passing cars. To each their own, I guess!

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Tennessee has many forest and mountains to go through. I even plan on moving thier in a few years.

Yes the forests are beautiful, but I haven't been into East Tennessee to see the mountains in a long time, though I visit Chattanooga often. We'll be glad to have you here!

Squirt

If I had to choose to live one place or the other, I'd choose Florida. But, to be perfectly honest, it would take an act of Congress to get me to move anywhere in the South.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Christiangirl0909 said:
Ok, so my friend Christa and I are having this contest. She's trying to prove that more people like Florida, I'm trying to prove that more people like Tennessee. So which place would you rather live and why?

Florida sucks, but it is not nearly as bad as Tennessee. Though, Tennessee is in "The South" which is a bonus. Maybe they equally suck.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
And it seems that Florida is mostly old people and their parents. Gets to hot there. Fat people, like myself, and hot humidity do not mix. In fact, Tallahasse is a Native American word for "Jesus it's fricking hot!" :D

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
But, to be perfectly honest, it would take an act of Congress to get me to move anywhere in the South.

Why? Do you have a problem with the South? People who have a problem with the South have a problem with me! :149:

Just kidding...but really, why would it take an act of Congress for you to move to the South?

Tennessee. People, as a whole, are more down to earth.

Thank you! I agree, Florida is just another tourist stop now. It's probably hard for native Floridians to take pride in their state. Well, I mean, if Tennessee's population was more visitors and people from the outside, I don't know if I had could have as strong a connection to my state.

Florida sucks, but it is not nearly as bad as Tennessee. Though, Tennessee is in "The South" which is a bonus. Maybe they equally suck.

Ah, well, I suppose I was asking for it by creating this thread. :sad4:

In fact, Tallahasse is a Native American word for "Jesus it's fricking hot!" :D

:biglaugh: