• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida mom launches ‘Privacy. Period!’ campaign to block menstrual cycle reporting requirements

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well, if they're really interested in people's bodily functions, I suppose everyone could send them detailed reports of each instance of defecation, with special attention to size, color, shape and consistency. They could even send in stool samples to the school, which would certainly be direct and in the real world.
There's a lot of biology and health to be taught in all that ****.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sounds risky. Did they get pregnant?
No, but they broke up. The one I don't know what happened to her, but the other got with this one girl, she said she was straight in highschool but everyone assumed she was gay (I thought she'd come out of the closet when we started working together at this gas gastion), but the two got together about about 18 yeats ago when we all worked at that gas station and are still together as of a couple years ago.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
These are attempts to snoop for gender affirming care for trans kids, or kids living by their gender identity, which is becoming increasingly cracked down upon in Southern states. Using hysterics about women's sports as an excuse.

Ironically I would have been a red flag, as I haven't had a regular menstral cycle, ever, and none after I started birth control in my early teens to counteract PCOS symptoms.

Even ignoring this aspect, such a “crackdown” negatively affects teenagers in the long run.
I would imagine in addition to irregular cycles due to medical issues, there would be irregular patterns just because that’s actually quite common during the first year or so of the menstrual cycle in girls
I would imagine it’s also not something teen girls like discussing with someone who is outside of their own little “in group.” Whether that be each other, their parents, the school nurse or even some trusted teachers.
Especially at an age when they are likely more self conscious and unsure of themselves.
As usual, efforts designed to negatively affect minorities will likely hurt everyone in some fashion

During my high school years, open, frank and scientific based discussion around issues of menstruation and other puberty “factors” was constantly encouraged by all the staff at my school. But even then, many in my class remained shy. Many opting for intensely private discussions if there was any issue.

All in all, this sort of thing sounds like a violation of not only privacy, but a violation of child protection laws of some variety
You could probably lose your Blue Card if you try to pry into such issues affecting minors here. Or at least get a warning to back off from a disgusted parent lol
(The Blue card is the legally recognised qualification required if one wishes to work with minors and/or the disabled here. For reference.)

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, but they broke up. The one I don't know what happened to her, but the other got with this one girl, she said she was straight in highschool but everyone assumed she was gay (I thought she'd come out of the closet when we started working together at this gas gastion), but the two got together about about 18 yeats ago when we all worked at that gas station and are still together as of a couple years ago.
I guess that guys are not the only ones that have to act straight in high school when they are not.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I know a woman who tried to trade in her menstrual cycle for a Harley.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To be clear, I'm NOT defending this. My guess is that some girls have multiple periods per month as a way to get out of mandatory PE. Certainly happened when I was a kid.
Oh, you wrong hemisphere types are so naive.
It's about ensuring that no trans-gender girls
compete against "real" girls.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Well, if they're really interested in people's bodily functions, I suppose everyone could send them detailed reports of each instance of defecation, with special attention to size, color, shape and consistency. They could even send in stool samples to the school, which would certainly be direct and in the real world.
Don't be ridiculous. The students could simply record their results using the Bristol stool scale. Teachers could also ask for randomly-selected photographic confirmations. I need to move to Florida.

- Bristol stool scale - Wikipedia