• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida Mass Murder

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/...ce-multiple-injuries-after-nightclub-shooting
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A gunman wielding an assault-type rifle and a handgun took hostages and opened fire inside a crowded Florida nightclub, killing approximately 20 people and wounding 42 others before dying in a gunfight with SWAT officers, police said Sunday.
Police Chief John Mina also said the shooter had some sort of "suspicious device." He said the suspect exchanged gunfire with an officer working at the club around 2 a.m., then went back inside and took hostages.

Around 5 a.m., authorities sent in a SWAT team to rescue the hostages, and the suspect then died in a gunfight with those officers. Mina said police have not determined an exact number of casualties, but that "approximately 20" people were dead inside the club.

Florida Department of Law Enforcement Special Agent in Charge Danny Banks said during a news conference that the mass shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism. He says authorities are looking into whether this was an act of domestic or international terror, and if the shooter was a lone wolf.
Terrorism?
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-orlando-shooting-pulse-nightclub-story.html

Last edited:

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Could well be a person acting out as a terrorist.
Could be the shooter was a bit upset.
Could be the shooter was freakin' nuts.
Here come the anti-gun advocates again.
Of course it's difficult to do a drive-by or mass killing with a ball bat.
If the killer was a terrorist all the anti-gun laws in the world would have
stopping nothing.

Were drugs involved and possibly a reason someone went off their bean?
Probably.
The release of his 911 call comes a day after news out lets reported that the Florida Department of Children and Families was investigating drug abuse in the house.
But, what the hell? Lets jump on the "ban all guns" bandwagon.
Legalize ALL drugs.
For sure we'd live in a safer society without guns.
WHAT! You mean people driving under the influence KILL far more people
that guns?
REALLY?
In 2014, 9,967 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/tolls/2014
Number of gun deaths: 12,953

Ohhh, crap. More dead from guns than cars?
Well truth is truth.
Please understand that is ALL gun deaths including accidents and justified homicide.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Guns everywhere that's would lead to crimes everywhere.

Christina Grimmie Died | Killed at Concert | Christina Grimmie Shot Dead

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Could well be a person acting out as a terrorist.
Could be the shooter was a bit upset.
Could be the shooter was freakin' nuts.
Here come the anti-gun advocates again.
Of course it's difficult to do a drive-by or mass killing with a ball bat.
If the killer was a terrorist all the anti-gun laws in the world would have
stopping nothing.
About 20 dead ... about 42 injured ...

... and all you can think of doing is whine about your right to own a couple of kalashnikovs. Here's a newsflash: sometimes the story is not about you.​

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
About 20 dead ... about 42 injured ...

... and all you can think of doing is whine about your right to own a couple of kalashnikovs. Here's a newsflash: sometimes the story is not about you.​
I just did a survey.
76.4% of your posts do nothing but bash other posters.
The shooting raises big issues.
Let posters say what's on their minds.
It will be a little chaotic as info & mis-info arrives in fits & spurts.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Police Chief just clarified in a press conference that he called it potential terrorism because "when dozens of people are shot, it's a possibility that should be considered." (paraphrasing from memory)
Correct.
That's why I asked the question.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ah - I misunderstood. :) I thought you were referring to how it's being described as potential terrorism and were questioning that.
I've read enuf news coverage of such events to know that we don't know nuthin this early.
But if I just post a link without question or commentary, this is a rule violation.
Some posters say only "Discuss".
But that seems weak & perfunctory.
So the question seemed best.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Given it does not appear to be specifically directed against an individual but a group of strangers, I guess so. It's Probably way too soon to establish motives to be sure.
Aye, & being a gay bar is another factor which raises my suspicion.