• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida GOP want to check out teenage genitals.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
So in other words.
If some folks are lost on reality, and can not even grasp their own natural body's gender, it is wrong to tell them they are missing out on the most primitive facts.
You are what you were born as.
You can never become the opposite sex, it is impossible.
1+1 = 2.
Man, or Women.
Male or female.
Anything else is not only a waste of time, but perhaps one incredible mental sickness.

I had better stop this conversation before I get reported for telling the truth, and getting banned again.
I don't want you to get banned Huguenot....
But you are not telling 'the' truth, you're telling your truth and that's different.

And a person who knows that they are attracted to their own gender or that they are the wrong gender, that is their truth. It is offensive for fundamental religion to challenge other people's personal feelings and beliefs. That's all.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
What problem would it solve? The hostility towards trans women does not come from an abundance of sports events from women, it originates from the prejudice that trans women are not 'really' women. No amount of changing up the structure of sports events would 'solve' that, in my opinion.
That is not what this debate is about.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
That is not what this debate is about.
It is the foundation of this entire debate. All arguments fielded against trans women in this thread are fundamentally based on the premise that trans women aren't 'real' women and therefore do not deserve to be treated like women.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
In auto-racing, we have had to create a whole range of specifications defining the machines that are allowed to compete against each other, to keep the racing competitive, and interesting. We do the same with boxing, and several other sports. It appears that the time has come when we need to stop using an either/or gender assignation, alone, to determine eligibility for participating in a sport.
As I had remarked at some point deep in the threat, contact sports already have weight classes in both gender divisions specifically so that people can compete with people of their general size and body shape.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is the foundation of this entire debate. All arguments fielded against trans women in this thread are fundamentally based on the premise that trans women aren't 'real' women and therefore do not deserve to be treated like women.
Some people think that. But that's not the only view
at work here. It's about trans women possibly having
an advantage over non-trans women in sports restricted
to women.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Considered reasonable by whom?
Bottom line?
The people of a country, its voters.

I don't know where you live, but where I live we are asked, on Government forms, to give our gender at birth, age, sexuality, marital status, religion, skin colour, and other 'stuff' which I forget this morning.

What docs? The recent census, NHS questionnaires and probably other docs. I've already shown that Olympic committees have needed proof of gender since the 50's, apparently Russis had been entering males for female competitions somehow.

Proving gender does seem fair to me although I have never been an athlete myself, and my opinion about this is not any thermometer of how I feel about Transexual or Transgender rights, all of which I support.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
What exactly do you think this debate is about?
I think it's about teenagers competing in sports on a level field of play.

It looks as if some folks want to turn this in to an issue about transgender or transexual rights, I think.

Oh...... and some members wanted to turn teenaged competitors in to 'children'.

Did you know that there has been a parallel discussion within sport before this time? Disabled athletes using high tech artificial limbs could run faster than other athletes. I don't know if anything was decided about that but I don't expect that either side of any such issues were prejudiced against disabled folks. !!

We Never Know

No Slack

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
That just is not true.
Why don't you start a thread about that?
You seem to want to turn a thread about teenagers in sport in to a debate about Transgender and Transexual rights, all of which I support.

One post I seem to remember that you asked if women are considered inferior to men, and when asked if you would like all gender to be removed from all sports you didn't give a clear answer to me, certainly nothing that seemed clear to me. That rang warning bells for me..... :p

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
If you have balls and a penis play on the boys team.
If you have a vagina and need tampons play on the girls team.

That's that in my opinion.

I'm seriously worried about that!
I lost half of a testicle about 11 years ago.:p

Do you think I could get chucked off the bowls team if they found out? The female members are tough nuts over everything, to be sure! :)

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it's about teenagers competing in sports on a level field of play.

It looks as if some folks want to turn this in to an issue about transgender or transexual rights, I think.

Oh...... and some members wanted to turn teenaged competitors in to 'children'.

Did you know that there has been a parallel discussion within sport before this time? Disabled athletes using high tech artificial limbs could run faster than other athletes. I don't know if anything was decided about that but I don't expect that either side of any such issues were prejudiced against disabled folks. !!
Just as an fyi, paraolympics haven't been gender segregated for over a decade, because they realized that trying to determine merit by gender alone was futile, and a better system for skill divisions had to be utilized.

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm seriously worried about that!
I lost half of a testicle about 11 years ago.:p

Do you think I could get chucked off the bowls team if they found out? The female members are tough nuts over everything, to be sure! :)
Not laughing at you, laughing at your post.
I think you will still be good.

We Never Know

No Slack
Just as an fyi, paraolympics haven't been gender segregated for over a decade, because they realized that trying to determine merit by gender alone was futile, and a better system for skill divisions had to be utilized.

Paraolympics itself is its own thing. Its for people with disabilities. They want all to compete regardless of gender.
That's near like comparing apples and orange's to the topic in my opinion.

Can a non-disabled person compete in it? Why or why not?

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yes.
I was referring to disabled athletes in the Olympics using modern tech limbs, but I get your point.
And you see! There are skill divisions!
That was helpful, I think.

We Never Know

No Slack
Oh, I don't know!
Those old witches on the bowls committee will have my pants down in a flash if they read anything like this thread!

It's Ageism! That's what it is! :p

"Those old witches on the bowls committee will have my pants down in a flash if they read anything like this thread!"

That many be the reason you wrote it. Hoping they would see it. You might like that:D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Oh, maybe sports committees could do that with all folks?

Persons could be selected for 'all gender' sports 'divisions' after a physical inspection of some kind, height, weight, stamina, strength, speed....... etc.

Or do you think that would cause the kind of upset that we're discussing on this thread?