• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida GOP want to check out teenage genitals.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I'm sure that medical folks check teenagers' bodies for various reasons.

For trans male-female athletes to take part in Female sports that require stamina, speed or strength... this is just not fair on women who have devoted their lives to a sport.

And this is based on your personal understand of the athletic abilities of underage trans people.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
And this is based on your personal understand of the athletic abilities of underage trans people.
The first sentence was based upon my own experiences with hospitals, nursing staff, General Practitioners, etc. Even recently I have had to have my genitals handled by a female radiographer, probably not her most remembered experience of that day.

The second sentence is based on the reports that I have seen and read about Trans Male-Female folks who won top prizes against other females in stamina, strength and speed contests.

Now what do you think would be a reasonable way forward in relation to such reports?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The first sentence was based upon my own experiences with hospitals, nursing staff, General Practitioners, etc. Even recently I have had to have my genitals handled by a female radiographer, probably not her most remembered experience of that day.

The second sentence is based on the reports that I have seen and read about Trans Male-Female folks who won top prizes against other females in stamina, strength and speed contests.

Now what do you think would be a reasonable way forward in relation to such reports?
Well I have one question (and only one) about your personal experience being examined. And that question is this. Did the government mandate that your genitalia be examined?

And just in general how do you feel about politicians dictating medical procedures? What vital information do you really think is going to be gained from this kind of examination on children? Are they going to check random girls to see if they have a penis? I can’t see any good coming from this.

I feel like I need to keep reminding people that we are talking about children here. Some whom have been on puberty blockers for years. These medications being the only kind of treatment available to underage trans people (a treatment that is under attack by many State legislatures at this time).

The way forward will not come from new legislation. This bill and the others like it are literally designed to take us backwards, not forward. This needs to be handled with compassion and tolerance with the goal of providing a positive athletic experience for everyone.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Well I have one question (and only one) about your personal experience being examined. And that question is this. Did the government mandate that your genitalia be examined?

And just in general how do you feel about politicians dictating medical procedures?
That was two questions, FP.
Yes, Governments do have the right to dictate medical procedures, as long as they are considered to be reasonable, and they do!
But Sporting Bodies might also wish to dictate medical procedures as well, and they do!

What vital information do you really think is going to be gained from this kind of examination on children? Are they going to check random girls to see if they have a penis? I can’t see any good coming from this.
So these teenagers are children now, eh? So you wouldn't be playing the 'kiddy-card' by any chance, would you? Lret's look at your next paragraph.

I feel like I need to keep reminding people that we are talking about children here. Some whom have been on puberty blockers for years. These medications being the only kind of treatment available to underage trans people (a treatment that is under attack by many State legislatures at this time).
Yep..... these 'serious teenaged athletes' have become little boys and girls now, FP.

Little children won't be participating in serious sporting competitions, will they?

The way forward will not come from new legislation. This bill and the others like it are literally designed to take us backwards, not forward. This needs to be handled with compassion and tolerance with the goal of providing a positive athletic experience for everyone.
A positive athletic experience for everyone, you say. And what will you say to the teenage woman who has trained for years to be a swimmer, rower, runner etc who loses her chance of success because the place/s were taken by Trans folks with much more stamina, strength or speed?

Tell us what you would do for them. I'm waiting............

A young person who is absolutely sure that s/he should have been a woman, desperate for that transition so that s/he can lead a normal life, would s/he consider it worthwhile to just give up a particular sport in serious competition for the chance to be themself, but at the same time giving thought to less powerful, less fast competitors? I write s/he because I'm thinking of the person who has not yet started out on this trans journey.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
That was two questions, FP.
Yes, Governments do have the right to dictate medical procedures, as long as they are considered to be reasonable, and they do!
But Sporting Bodies might also wish to dictate medical procedures as well, and they do!

So these teenagers are children now, eh? So you wouldn't be playing the 'kiddy-card' by any chance, would you? Lret's look at your next paragraph.

Yep..... these 'serious teenaged athletes' have become little boys and girls now, FP.

Little children won't be participating in serious sporting competitions, will they?

A positive athletic experience for everyone, you say. And what will you say to the teenage woman who has trained for years to be a swimmer, rower, runner etc who loses her chance of success because the place/s were taken by Trans folks with much more stamina, strength or speed?

Tell us what you would do for them. I'm waiting............

A young person who is absolutely sure that s/he should have been a woman, desperate for that transition so that s/he can lead a normal life, would s/he consider it worthwhile to just give up a particular sport in serious competition for the chance to be themself, but at the same time giving thought to less powerful, less fast competitors? I write s/he because I'm thinking of the person who has not yet started out on this trans journey.
Yes, children. This is off topic, but recently a right wing pendent referred to the child who was shot by a cop as a “13 year old man”. Do you get that? “A 13 year old man”!

No one is guaranteed victory in an athletic competition. And I am not suggesting everyone should be allowed to compete. But it should be based on the individual, and it should not be decided by politicians who have never even met the children in question. And it certainly is not decided by a genital examination.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yes, children. This is off topic, but recently a right wing pendent referred to the child who was shot by a cop as a “13 year old man”. Do you get that? “A 13 year old man”!
If you don't like those tactics then don't do them yourself, is my suggestion.

No one is guaranteed victory in an athletic competition. And I am not suggesting everyone should be allowed to compete. But it should be based on the individual, and it should not be decided by politicians who have never even met the children in question. And it certainly is not decided by a genital examination.

Look, sex tests for athletes have been carried out for decades.
There are several examples but I've posted one (below).

Look, if a teenager wants to compete in a single sex or 'pairs' they should be asked to submit to an inspection to show that they are the correct sex for that competition and not in any way at an unfair advantage.

They can refuse!

But obviously if the inspection is refused then entry should be withheld.

Otherwise you could redact all and any sex testing on all and any folks for all and any sports and a lot of records held by females are going to get broken, and a lot of female athletes who have dedicated their lives to a sport are never ever going to be recognised, nor honoured.

That report from wiki, one of many:-

(IAAF), the world's track and field governing body, for woman athletes was in July 1950 in the month before the European Championships in Belgium. All athletes were tested in their own countries.[1] Sex testing at the actual games began with the 1966 European Athletics Championships’ response to suspicion that several of the best women athletes from the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe were actually men.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Otherwise you could redact all and any sex testing on all and any folks for all and any sports and a lot of records held by females are going to get broken, and a lot of female athletes who have dedicated their lives to a sport are never ever going to be recognised, nor honoured.
This is based on the premise that female athletes are usually inferior to their male counterparts in their chosen field, correct?

SA Huguenot

Florida Lawmakers Pass Bill That Legalizes Teen Genital Inspections

It seems to me that Republicans have developed a new fetish. But forcing their personal perversions on teenagers is disgusting.

But maybe Matt Gaetz will have a job after his congressional career is over.
If it was not for the trans gender psycological disease ridden persons who dont know they can detrmine their Gender by simply standing naked in front of a mirror, this would not be nescesary.

Any man who thinks he is some sort of athlete by competing against the female Gender is crazy!
Any sporting institute, school, college, university, and club who even allows a "Trans woman" to compete against a "Real Women", lost their credibility and their minds thinking they are politically correct in this stupidity.

Therefore, If we know someone was a male, and now competes against women, let him drop his pants!

No one will ever inspect a female who competes as a female, but a castrated Man remains a Man. Period!

Anyways, what has Gaetz have to do with this whole topic?
Did the FBI find evidence to the contrary he claims?
Nothing I know of so far, only Washington Compost reporting.

SA Huguenot

This is based on the premise that female athletes are usually inferior to their male counterparts in their chosen field, correct?
No, not at all.
It is based on the premise that I as a male weighing 115Kg, and with a skeletal advantage of 30% mass with 70% more strength, will easily kill a woman in the boxing ring.

It is on the premise that the male skeleton differs from the female, in the female has shorter Femur, wider hips, more angular hip joints etc.
It is on the premise that I as a big male, will never be able to compete with any other male athlete in weight lifting, but I will kick any womans' *** in a competition.

It is based on the premise that any Woman or Man thinking they are the other, are totally dillusional!
Even though men are stronger, and faster, the female are more cautios, lives with love and sympathy, work harder and live healthier, out think future events, and outliving the male by at least 15 years.

There is only 2 genders, Man and Woman!
Prove yourself wrong by standing in front of a mirror, and undress.
Simple!

SA Huguenot

What is a "right wing pendent"?
Where is the quote about this 13yo "man"?

What about the Left Wing whatever that thinks it is great to keep children on hormonal blockers, denying that the child is male or female thereby forcing your own delusional idea of gender upon this future dis illusioned human being?

I can not believe this is the way the Leftists in the West acts.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Some say trans women have a big advantage.
Others say there's no advantage.
Some say there should be no test for gender.
Others say.....you see where this is going.
Never is it so simple as any of those views.
Moreover, there's no consensus anywhere yet.
Ref...
IOC delays new transgender guidelines after scientists fail to agree

I favor standards because sports gender categories won't
be eliminated. After all, females want reasonable competitions
in areas where males have overwhelming advantage. Standards
enhance the sense of fairness, & create useful competition.
I just don't know what the standards should be. It'll be a long
& contentious process leading to uneasy compromise.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
All but destroying and all you have as proof is some video? That's a load of horse-hockey.

It's all about perverts wanting to inspect the genitals of kids. Don't believe me? Prove I'm wrong. After all, if a trans woman has her male genitals removed, she's still a trans woman.
It's about unfairness in sports. I don't live in fantasyland. Things like this actually happen and women are getting fed up to the point that women's sports are now being destroyed by people who obviously posses male advantages that cannot be replaced by hormones or surgery.

SA Huguenot

Some say trans women have a big advantage.
Others say there's no advantage.
Some say there should be no test for gender.
Others say.....you see where this is going.
Never is it so simple as any of those views.
Moreover, there's no consensus anywhere yet.
Ref...
IOC delays new transgender guidelines after scientists fail to agree

I favor standards because sports gender categories won't
be eliminated. After all, females want reasonable competitions
in areas where males have overwhelming advantage. Standards
enhance the sense of fairness, & create useful competition.
I just don't know what the standards should be. It'll be a long
& contentious process leading to uneasy compromise.
I know of only one standard.
Drop your pants and accept the gender you see.
If you underwent surgery, you mind told you your eyes are wrong, and the sky is not blue anymore.

pearl

I don't really have an opinion on trans people in sports, but surely genital checks on minors should be out of the question. I would think it would be a simple thing for the school to find out the sex of the student. :rolleyes:

I guess the whole problem stems from the fact that a 'trans' girl on a sports team continues to have male strength, maybe an unfair playing field?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It's about unfairness in sports. I don't live in fantasyland. Things like this actually happen and women are getting fed up to the point that women's sports are now being destroyed by people who obviously posses male advantages that cannot be replaced by hormones or surgery.
A handful are destroying the entire sport?
Come on now. A bit overdramatic, don't you think?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No, not at all.
It is based on the premise that I as a male weighing 115Kg, and with a skeletal advantage of 30% mass with 70% more strength, will easily kill a woman in the boxing ring.

It is on the premise that the male skeleton differs from the female, in the female has shorter Femur, wider hips, more angular hip joints etc.
It is on the premise that I as a big male, will never be able to compete with any other male athlete in weight lifting, but I will kick any womans' *** in a competition.

It is based on the premise that any Woman or Man thinking they are the other, are totally dillusional!
Even though men are stronger, and faster, the female are more cautios, lives with love and sympathy, work harder and live healthier, out think future events, and outliving the male by at least 15 years.

There is only 2 genders, Man and Woman!
Prove yourself wrong by standing in front of a mirror, and undress.
Simple!
Putting aside the sexist overtones of your post and your misunderstandings about transgenderism ...

We're not talking about a man simply dressed like a woman though, are we?
We're talking about people who have transitioned via hormone blockers and other procedures.