• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flagless

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, yes, the peeing contest....... I would have loved the company. But actually my 19yr old son was with me, back from uni, so a peeing contest would be hard to explain. He and I had some good swims, walks and picnics.

Sounds like a fun time. :)

By the way, here is France’s answer to the pork pie, which we traditionally take as a picnic lunch on long walks in the UK:
View attachment 63788

Rather delicious, with duck pate in the centre, some herb, I think tarragon, and pistachios in it. Get it in any big supermarket. No wonder the Germans have that expression “to live like a god in France”.

I hadn't heard of pork pie, either.

I've got a picnic planned next week; still haven't decided what to make.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I woke up to no flags this morning...

Looking at the newest threads, I am thinking this is likely the fault of either US politicians, or Jesus. Or both.

Probably US politicians. Jesus is likely working on a Saturday...

Like what @ChristineM posted; it helps to post a thread or two that are debate or discussion worthy right before bed. Then you wake up to a butt-load (126 gallons), of new thread flags.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Like what @ChristineM posted; it helps to post a thread or two that are debate or discussion worthy right before bed. Then you wake up to a butt-load (126 gallons), of new thread flags.

Hopefully I'll have something decent to say before bed tonight... two flagless days would be too much!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This thread is upholding the highest traditions of RF. Maybe this will stir up some fun:

61Pkm5PX9rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Gargovic Malkav

This thread is upholding the highest traditions of RF. Maybe this will stir up some fun:

61Pkm5PX9rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Comedians aren't always happier than other people though.
It seems that more than a few struggle with depression.
Perhaps their wisecracking is like a coping mechanism?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Sounds like a fun time. :)

I hadn't heard of pork pie, either.

I've got a picnic planned next week; still haven't decided what to make.
Here, this will make you laugh. No sooner had I hubristically written of living like a god in France than I went out to start putting away the garden hose reel, only to find nemesis struck: as I cranked the handle a load of hornets came out of the reel. Effing things had made a nest in it! So now I’ve had to find a pschi-pschi produit to spray it and kill them, without getting stung. Which I think I have just successfully completed. This is now the second “affaire frelon” I’ve had here. Not what you need when you are trying to get everything packed up before you leave.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps their wisecracking is like a coping mechanism?

It really is for me. I'm not overly prone to depression, but when faced with a challenging situation, out come the crude jokes(the more stressful the event, the ruder the jokes).

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Here, this will make you laugh. No sooner had I hubristically written of living like a god in France than I went out to start putting away the garden hose reel, only to find nemesis struck: as I cranked the handle a load of hornets came out of the reel. Effing things had made a nest in it! So now I’ve had to find a pschi-pschi produit to spray it and kill them, without getting stung. Which I think I have just successfully completed. This is now the second “affaire frelon” I’ve had here. Not what you need when you are trying to get everything packed up before you leave.

Those damned hornets(or wasps) hide everywhere this time of year... my husband found a nest in the shed earlier this week.

I remember watching him try to kill a group of them once, with spray and a pizza box... he'd spray, they'd all come at him, and he'd smack them with an old pizza box.

I might mention he's allergic to the buggers, too...

I tried to convince him to wait until they were asleep(as the bottle of wasp killer directed) and stop with that mess, but he listens about as well as the kids. Thankfully, there were no stings.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Hornets and wasps
10% washing up liquid 90% water in a spray bottle. Spray the wee beasties. They breath in the liquid through their spiracles, it foams up and stops them breathing.

Very effective.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
How long does rainy season go?

What are the seasonal divides like over there?

People say Korea has four seasons: spring, summer, autumn, and winter, but there is a rainy 'season' during summer. It is the East Asian rainy season. In Korea, it lasts from June to the middle of July. So far, it rained two or three times within the past seven days. The next few days will have high percentage chances of rain.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh, and if you are looking for flags start one thread praising bacon and claim that you are going on an all bacon diet. On another claim the complete opposite. That should cover everyone.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
People say Korea has four seasons: spring, summer, autumn, and winter, but there is a rainy 'season' during summer. It is the East Asian rainy season. In Korea, it lasts from June to the middle of July. So far, it rained two or three times within the past seven days. The next few days will have high percentage chances of rain.

Spring used to be considered rainy season here, and then it stopped...

I was really happy to see it again this year. I'd missed it. We'll be bringing summer in in a few days...

Oh, and if you are looking for flags start one thread praising bacon and claim that you are going on an all bacon diet. On another claim the complete opposite. That should cover everyone.

I think the first would seem a little disingenuous coming from me...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Spring used to be considered rainy season here, and then it stopped...

I was really happy to see it again this year. I'd missed it. We'll be bringing summer in in a few days...

I would have thought that Iowa would be very much into summer by now.

I think the first would seem a little disingenuous coming from me...

Which would get you even more flags:D

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I would have thought that Iowa would be very much into summer by now.

We had a heat wave all last week, but most nights/mornings, one is still able to leave the doors and windows open to cool a place out

I've still got everything open right now(its 2:30pm), though I'm comfortable with higher temps than most around here. I did have guests earlier in the week(when the heat wave was going) complaining, asking me to crank the AC(it was on, just set to mid 70s). I thought perhaps long sleeved flannel wasn't the best choice for a heat wave, but I kept it to myself.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We had a heat wave all last week, but most nights/mornings, one is still able to leave the doors and windows open to cool a place out

I've still got everything open right now(its 2:30pm), though I'm comfortable with higher temps than most around here. I did have guests earlier in the week(when the heat wave was going) complaining, asking me to crank the AC(it was on, just set to mid 70s). I thought perhaps long sleeved flannel wasn't the best choice for a heat wave, but I kept it to myself.
When I lived in Minnesota I considered short sleeve shirt weather summer.

Today is just another cloudy gloomy day, but July is coming up soon and the weather is predicted to change at the start of July.