• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fixing Keys

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
So, my "six" key stopped working and it's in ALL of my passwords. I need to fix it before my computer decides to log out. Any suggestions?

I have the key itself, but the black part that presses down on it broke off and I dropped it on the ground... forever gone

The Sum of Awe

Found the black piece, but it is still broken off, I can live without the key on there, but is there a way to put the black piece back on?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Every time I have a problem with my laptop, my computer guy has a reliable fix.
He'll sell me a new one.
Works every time!

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
In the meantime you can use alt codes. Your laptop should have a number pad somewhere on the keyboard. A lot of laptops have a fn key that needs to be held to use the number pad. Holding alt while typing 55 on the number pad gives you the number 6. So on a laptop, you would press and hold alt-fn while typing 55

The Sum of Awe

I can type six by putting the black bit to cover the censor, but the black thing doesn't stick is what i'm trying to fix.

3+3 in numerical form is 8 silly :p