• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiberius

Humans did not descend from primates, because humans are still primates. Primates, in turn, did not descend from waterfowl, because they are still waterfowl. Fish, in turn, did not evolve from algae, because fish are still algae.

Actually, primates did not evolve from any kind of bird. Primate and birds share a common ancestor. Same thing with fish and algae.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
I would suggest the study of Cladistics.
There appears to be a great deal of difficulty understanding the difference between cladistics and phylogeny.

Phylogeny is the evolutionary history of a group of related organisms. ... A clade is a group of organisms that includes an ancestor and all of its descendants. Clades are based on cladistics. This is a method of comparing traits in related species to determine ancestor-descendant relationships.

Phylogeny and Cladistics

Daniel Nicholson

Blasphemous Pryme
You do not understand rudimentary facts about evolution. There must be a "beginners guide to evolution" video out there somewhere. Check it out

Daniel Nicholson

Blasphemous Pryme
Think of a tree that has a massive trunk, then look up and the trunk splits into two, and then four, then eight, then 16, and so forth. Each time there is a split, the branch can change colour just a tiny bit, or stay the same colour. Apply that to 1000 splits and the branches at the end will be a rainbow of colours. Colours that showed up at split 500 can still be around at 1000 because of the ability of a branch to keep its colour when it splits. And that is a very basic analogy for evolution

gnostic

The Lost One
Kent Hovind is not finished, he can become a good person. But he is not allowed to become a successful person anymore. His confidentials are in Google. It is impossible to delete image of a criminal, however to become saint is possible.

How can you condone a man who not only was convicted twice, for domestic violence and for tax evasion and financial frauds?

And throughout his adult life, he lived a life filled with deception, and he is still is lying to this day.

You are treating him like martyr, when he is not...and now you thinking he has potential of being a saint???!!!

questfortruth, you have a real low standard of what you think is required to be a saint.

He is an unrepentant liar, and I don’t just mean his criminal convictions. Morally, he has no problem with breaking two of the Ten Commandments -
  1. do not bearing false witness
  2. and do not steal
He didn’t stand trial for his religious belief, but he did use his belief to exploit people, for feed his own greeds and lived a luxurious lifestyle, deceiving naïve people with his false credentials (fake qualifications from the diploma mill), claiming to be doctor when he is not (again fake PhD), his website and his business enterprises are built on deception, like humans and dinosaurs living in the same period.

The stealing parts come in with the tax evasion and financial frauds.

You do remember that even Jesus taught people should pay their taxes:

“Matthew 22:18-21” said:
18 But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, “Why are you putting me to the test, you hypocrites? 19 Show me the coin used for the tax.” And they brought him a denarius. 20 Then he said to them, “Whose head is this, and whose title?” 21 They answered, “The emperor’s.” Then he said to them, “Give therefore to the emperor the things that are the emperor’s, and to God the things that are God’s.”

Well, Hovind is that “hypocrite”, who have either forgotten or ignored Jesus’ teaching. I think he is the “later”.

Do you think such a person like Hovind is deserving for sainthood?

That you defend such a person, thinking he has potential to be a saint, it’s just ludicrous.

Btw, questfortruth, I may not always agree with what Bible say, especially when it concerned with the supernatural (eg creation of Adam) and with miracles, including Jesus’ miracles, but I don’t doubt some of Jesus’ teachings when it concerned with moral conducts and ethic.

Hovind may be a Christian, but he is disgustingly immoral person and a terrible Christian, that he gives Christianity a bad name.

night912

I can prove to all skeptics that this is my biography:
CV: Dmitri Martila
After all, there are my contact details, and in the list of published articles, there are articles in the highest physics journals, but also in the newspaper: World of Orthodoxy. There is no need to be surprised and demand a public renunciation of Love: I am in the company of such faithful physicists as Newton and Einstein, and other Nobel laureates.
Okay, please that that is your biography.

I have one important question to ask you. As a self proclaimed scientist, how is a physicist with no credentials in biology scientifically qualify to "fix" the Theory of Evolution?

gnostic

The Lost One
Okay, please that that is your biography.

I have one important question to ask you. As a self proclaimed scientist, how is a physicist with no credentials in biology scientifically qualify to "fix" the Theory of Evolution?
You don’t even need to read Martila’s CV to see that how illiterate and how incompetent he is with biology, simply by reading questfortruth’s posts and the threads he has created over the years.

Plus, questfortruth, is incapable of learning from his errors, which tells me he isn’t even a good physicist.

Lastly, he likes to brag, as being on the same levels as Newton and Einstein. Tooting his own horn...that’s just hubris.