• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five Finger Death Punch...

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
If you aren't listening to them, you are doing life wrong :p They are one of my favourite bands and I cannot wait for their new album to come out in August. Already pre ordered it on itunes for cheap.

FFDP is one of the many many bands that I love to death that no one I know in real life listens to and everyone refuses to listen to it. Have you got a band like that?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't like them. They didn't do very well for making a metal cover of Bad Company, and they should have never covered House of the Rising Sun (a song that no metal band has any business covering). And I don't care much for the frequent use of military imagery.
But I band that I really love that many people don't and I don't know why is The Deftones. People are wrong to call them "disciples of Korn" because they sound nothing like Korn (7 Words is the closest they come to sounding like Korn) and they were around before Korn (Deftones is 80s, Korn is 90s), the riffs are smooth and the grooves make for great "green" music, Chino has some awesome screams, Chi was an amazing bassist, and Maynard James Keynan (singer of Tool, APC, and Puscifer) cowrote and provided background vocals for their song Passenger.
Oh, yeah, and the one time I saw Deftones live it was before Indiana went DST, so it was dark out, the stars were shinning, the moon was bright, it was a cool night (all great things to have while listening to them), and the crowd surfing was going clear from the top of the lawn section all the way down to the bottom of the lawn section in one continuous line.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I don't like them. They didn't do very well for making a metal cover of Bad Company, and they should have never covered House of the Rising Sun (a song that no metal band has any business covering). And I don't care much for the frequent use of military imagery.
But I band that I really love that many people don't and I don't know why is The Deftones. People are wrong to call them "disciples of Korn" because they sound nothing like Korn (7 Words is the closest they come to sounding like Korn) and they were around before Korn (Deftones is 80s, Korn is 90s), the riffs are smooth and the grooves make for great "green" music, Chino has some awesome screams, Chi was an amazing bassist, and Maynard James Keynan (singer of Tool, APC, and Puscifer) cowrote and provided background vocals for their song Passenger.
Oh, yeah, and the one time I saw Deftones live it was before Indiana went DST, so it was dark out, the stars were shinning, the moon was bright, it was a cool night (all great things to have while listening to them), and the crowd surfing was going clear from the top of the lawn section all the way down to the bottom of the lawn section in one continuous line.

Those two songs you mentioned I havent heard of previously and actually loved them from FFDP. What do you think of their other music? Songs like Lift Me Up, Dot Your Eyes etc?

I think ive heard random bits and pieces from deftones but Ive never knowingly listened to them.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Those two songs you mentioned I havent heard of previously and actually loved them from FFDP.
You must listen to The Animal's version of House of the Rising Sun. It's actually a folk song dating back centuries ago and it came from the Old World. The folk nature of it is why no metal band should ever cover it (and I a huge metal head), because it just doesn't sound right. And it is so much fun to play on guitar.