• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fitting In...

Lehnah

Master of the Mystic Arts
Hello folks,

As I mentioned in my intro post I've been writing down my beliefs in a note book and then re-reading them to ensure they do in fact speak to me. I've also been researching LHP as much as I can (although my sources are somewhat limited and I'm not sure where to look - which is why I'm here! ).

However, the more I write and consider my own beliefs and the more I read about others such as Setianism, various forms of Satanism and what-have-you the more it seems my particular way of thinking doesn't quite match up with most LHP belief systems. In fact, the closest I've found to matching mine is House Kheperu's.

Now, I must stress this isn't a "why can't I fit in" kind of post, but rather I'm wondering what one should do in such cases? I understand that beliefs are personal so you probably don't need to 100% agree or believe absolutely everything that a given system states to consider yourself part of that system. Or do you?

Basally, I don't feel that any of the LHP belief systems I've read really speak to me (apart form the House Kheparu one I mentioned before, but even it has areas I do not agree with) so what should I do? Keep looking or just find the closest one that "matches me"?

Perhaps I should start my own system.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.

EDIT: I did have links to a number of things in here but becasue I've not yet made 15 posts I couldn't include them. Sorry if that is making if hard for folks, I'll add them in once my post count hits 15.:yes:

Lehnah

That's the kind of thing I was thinking, yes. I'll have to think of a cool name for it though.:D

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Doctor Strange,
Firstly, nice to meet you.
Does not appear any Starnger, to me for sure.
Do appreciate your research work and surely would love to know/ share, whatever way you like others to with your own path/ way/religion.
Best wishes.
Love & rgds

Lehnah

Dr. Strangeism? :p

Lol, maybe The House of Agamotto.:D (You need to know a little about Dr. Strange to get that one.)

Thanks for the welcome, zenzero. I may post something here in the future.

Lehnah

I just though, what if I where to show my thoughts/ beliefs to some folks on the forums to receive some feedback and comments. I'm happy to share, I could even post them directly onto the forums I guess but I'd be more comfortable initially just discussing things via PMs.

So, if anyone is interested please PM me and I'll send the stuff along.

Cheers