• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fitted kitchen Units...Yuck!

JIMMY12345

Why ?

On average probably replaced every 15 years for new styles and wear and tear. The units are cheap. It is labour that is expensive. Also you cannot move the units if you fancy a change in the layout (except the kitchen sink and washing machine and dishwasher obviously.)

Now if they came with wheels and were portable it would be a market for some who wanted the above freedoms. The customer should be king. Arise all ye rebels of fixed kitchen units.

Orbit

I'm a planet
What is a "fixed kitchen unit"? Do you mean appliances? Those can all be moved, so I'm confused.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hubby and i built our kitchen ourselves in the style of old, traditional french kitchens. I think if it ever needs changing we'll have to knock the house down around it.

JIMMY12345

Why ?

On average probably replaced every 15 years for new styles and wear and tear. The units are cheap. It is labour that is expensive. Also you cannot move the units if you fancy a change in the layout (except the kitchen sink and washing machine and dishwasher obviously.)

Now if they came with wheels and were portable it would be a market for some who wanted the above freedoms. The customer should be king. Arise all ye rebels of fixed kitchen units.
Hi you can kitchen units on wheels. Great you can move them around - especially if you have an extended kitchen. However these are rare and expensive.

JIMMY12345

Hubby and i built our kitchen ourselves in the style of old, traditional french kitchens. I think if it ever needs changing we'll have to knock the house down around it.
We would love a photo of the kitchen units if your'll have time. I am jealous - wish I had chippie skills (and sparky and brickie).

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Why ?

Never. All because of planned obsolescence.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Never. All because of planned obsolescence.
No such thing in kitchens. I've rehabbed many, but
not because anything became obsolete by design.
People upgrade, eg, add a dishwasher, replace
laminate counters with granite, better looking cabinets.
Fridges get replaced because newer ones are more
efficient (saving the landlord money) & are more
fashionable. (Avocado, & other dated colors must go.)
Spendier appliances generally last longer, eg, Bosch
vs Kelvinator.