• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First Time Pho

Phaedrus

I will be going to a Pho restaurant for the first time this coming Sunday evening, and I was wondering what you would suggest for me to eat.

Recommend your favorite dishes.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
One of my favorites is bun cha gio which is rice noodles, lettuce, cucumbers, ground peanuts, basil, and spring rolls with a zesty sauce that's a bit on the sweet side.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Pho with beef and fat.
The beef is very fatty, and sliced very thin. Absolutely delicious. Fat is a highly underrated food, even demonised, but gradually the nutritional truth is emerging. Fat is excellent food, and a much better choice than carbs for energy. And the Vietnamese know how to cook it.

Milton Platt

Pho with beef and fat.
The beef is very fatty, and sliced very thin. Absolutely delicious. Fat is a highly underrated food, even demonised, but gradually the nutritional truth is emerging. Fat is excellent food, and a much better choice than carbs for energy. And the Vietnamese know how to cook it.

I will be going to a Pho restaurant for the first time this coming Sunday evening, and I was wondering what you would suggest for me to eat.

Recommend your favorite dishes.

It is all good. I like to get the version with Brisket and fatty brisket. The fat adds flavor. My wife usually has the chicken based one. You can't really go wrong, though. Enjoy!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Often there will be a combination bowl of pho that has all the different meats that the restaurant uses. From that you can choose your favorites. And weird as it may seem I do like beef tendon. It is not the unexpected gristle of a steak, tough and unchewable, rather it is the same material but cooked until very tender. It has a rather subtle flavor. And I also do like the brisked. It is on the opposite end of the flavor spectrum with a very beefy taste.

You can't really go wrong.