• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First post

xir

Heya RF!

I was raised without religion. For a few years I referred to myself as a "wannabe-Buddhist" (I meditated a few times a week at best, still drank alcohol, etc), but ultimately found Ram Dass to be the spiritual teacher that I felt really spoke to me.

I had a spontaneous kundalini awakening roughly a year ago, which has sent me looking for answers all over the web. Every now and then I've found myself on this site, so I decided to register!

I feel a strong desire to learn more about spirituality and religion in general, and I figured this would be an excellent place to achieve just that. The kundalini process has inspired a growing belief in a higher power, and feel more drawn towards Hinduism/Sanatana Dharma. I also find new meaning in Christian teachings, which I previously considered at best pointless and at worst destructive.

Anyway, since I don't have any religious congregation to learn from in real life, I figured an online forum would be the next best thing! I'm looking forward to talking to you all about various subjects.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Heya RF!

I was raised without religion. For a few years I referred to myself as a "wannabe-Buddhist" (I meditated a few times a week at best, still drank alcohol, etc), but ultimately found Ram Dass to be the spiritual teacher that I felt really spoke to me.

I had a spontaneous kundalini awakening roughly a year ago, which has sent me looking for answers all over the web. Every now and then I've found myself on this site, so I decided to register!

I feel a strong desire to learn more about spirituality and religion in general, and I figured this would be an excellent place to achieve just that. The kundalini process has inspired a growing belief in a higher power, and feel more drawn towards Hinduism/Sanatana Dharma. I also find new meaning in Christian teachings, which I previously considered at best pointless and at worst destructive.

Anyway, since I don't have any religious congregation to learn from in real life, I figured an online forum would be the next best thing! I'm looking forward to talking to you all about various subjects.

Welcome, RF is a great place to learn about different faiths with many differing opinions.

I became a Baha'i in 1984.

I wish you well and happy and look forward to some discussions.

Regards Tony

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Heya RF!

Welcome to RF and congratulations on taking the plunge. I've found this a great place to learn and hope you do too. :)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Heya RF!

Welcome. I read 'Be Here Now' so many years ago, but enjoyed the autobiographical stuff more than the aphorisms. Maybe they were too deep for me back then.

Congregational worship often isn't a part of Sanatana Dharma. Although crowds do happen occasionally, more generally it's each soul to himself, with their relationship to God. So the lack of any congregation fits that.

Reactions: xir

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Heya RF!

Beware! Beware. You may come across many RFies who are searching for the same as you. You'll meet a good amount of Hindus, opinionated christisans, and everything in between galore.

In other words, welcome.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Today's free lunch in the RF staff cafeteria is....
th