• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First People to Settle North America came from Europe

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Other than Dr. Jenkes supposed matching of arrowheads, all genetic, anthropological, and fossil evidence clearly shows a Siberian/East Asian origin for all Native Americans/First Nations.

It is possible that Europeans, among others, may have reached the Americas sometime in the last 12,000 years. However, IF they did, either their colonies died out, or were genetically integrated into Native Tribes.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
It's easy to make such an argument. The first people in America were gothic children. We can see hear their music today. See, pretty easy.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
As a person of Native American (half, anyway) descent, no one has ever confused me with being European descent. :biglaugh: (I am kidding, now, so no comments).

croak

Trickster
I was expecting more than a paragraph or two on it. Reminded me of a documentary I watched: NOVA | America's Stone Age Explorers | PBS You can read the transcript.

Sure, there is a possibility that humans made their way across the Atlantic to North America. But that they were the first people to settle North America? Seriously?

KnightOwl

It isn't like an arrowhead has so many possible variations that it would be impossible for the exact same basic construct to pop up in isolated cultures. I would need more evidence to make me think it more likely than the current leading hypothesis supported by genetic markers.

Arkholt

Non-vessel
First question: Did anyone who responded to this actually read the article? The headline, I think, is quite misleading. That is a small piece of speculation that stems from the larger work that Dr. Janke appears to be doing. Also, the arrowheads are not the only bit of evidence he's looking at in this. In fact, he only mentions the arrowheads because in the past there have been questions about why the Clovis points had been found in Europe as well as America.

croak

Trickster
First question: Did anyone who responded to this actually read the article? The headline, I think, is quite misleading. That is a small piece of speculation that stems from the larger work that Dr. Janke appears to be doing. Also, the arrowheads are not the only bit of evidence he's looking at in this. In fact, he only mentions the arrowheads because in the past there have been questions about why the Clovis points had been found in Europe as well as America.
I did, and referred to it.

BBC News - Stone tools 'demand new American story' This is pretty interesting.