• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First Lecture Completed

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Yesterday, I gave my first-ever lecture as an instructor. It was on probability, statistics, and basics of set theory--for data science. The lecture was online with around 20 people attending (mostly graduates switching to programming from other fields).

I got great feedback on it and was told the two hours were informative and simple to grasp. Since this is my first time working as an instructor, the feedback and positive first dive were a huge boost. I was also required to cite both the Arabic and English versions of the mathematical terminology, so it was almost double the material. It still went well.

First attempt successful!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yesterday, I gave my first-ever lecture as an instructor. It was on probability, statistics, and basics of set theory--for data science. The lecture was online with around 20 people attending (mostly graduates switching to programming from other fields).

I got great feedback on it and was told the two hours were informative and simple to grasp. Since this is my first time working as an instructor, the feedback and positive first dive were a huge boost. I was also required to cite both the Arabic and English versions of the mathematical terminology, so it was almost double the material. It still went well.

Well done.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

R E S U L T !!!

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

You are amazing! Congrats!

exchemist

Veteran Member

Mumtaz!

Audie

Veteran Member

Mom pointed out that the real test of whether you know your material comes when you try to teach it

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Awesome but unsurprising

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
upload_2022-6-23_7-14-59.gif

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Mom pointed out that the real test of whether you know your material comes when you try to teach it

The version I was told is that you don't *really* understand a subject until you've taught it. That extra pressure of being in front of a class inspires a lot of learning.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Good news! I predict success with two or three standard deviations of certainty.

Daemon Sophic

The version I was told is that you don't *really* understand a subject until you've taught it. That extra pressure of being in front of a class inspires a lot of learning.
Our expression for practicing procedures in school was simply,
See one,
Do one,
Teach one.