• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First Egyptian Presidential Election

Sahar

Today Egypt is going to witness the first free presidential election in its modern history...and I am thrilled!! :) For the first time, we don't know who is going to be the president. ;)

For the first time, Egyptians will get to choose who leads, and people have a choice of 13 candidates. The result will also play a major role in shaping Egypt’s future. Who becomes president will be a determining factor in the role of the military leadership in Egypt’s future, the role of religion and its foreign relations with major allies such as the United States.
Who are the front-runners?
Egypt’s presidential election: Facts about the historic post-Mubarak vote - The Washington Post

I hope it's going to be really free and representative of our dreams and ambitions after the revolution, I hope the coming president will be representative of the revolution's fair and noble principles. Thanks 25th Jan revolution, Thanks to all the martyrs, to those who lost their eyes and were injured for the moment we are witnessing now. And thank God before anyone else! I am very happy. :)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
I hope it's going to be really free and representative of our dreams and ambitions after the revolution, I hope the coming president will be representative of the revolution's fair and noble principles. Thanks 25th Jan revolution, Thanks to all the martyrs, to those who lost their eyes and were injured for the moment we are witnessing now. And thank God before anyone else! I am very happy. :)

Ameen!! I sincerely hope that you will be granted a just ruler after all the hardships that you have seen and been through!
Missing you :)

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I think that this is an amazing time for you.
Like you, I hope you have a truly free and open election, and that the people have a strong voice in the governing of the nation.

Do you think anyone will be able to win a majority in the first round?

maro

muslimah
Google celebrates our elections :)

AtlCw5aCQAARXyF.png

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
This is a great time indeed. I'm especially happy that those who sacrificed their lives for this moment are being properly remembered.

Who are you going to vote for? :)

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
That was the most wonderful day ever, I'm so happy...Thanks to Allah and to the martyrs, the injured, the prisoners, and everyone struggled against this aggressive regime.......I've voted for Muhammed Morsi too, and recited Al-Fatiha for the martyrs during the voting process :)

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
LOL, that's what he deserves :D

11827_453788331299831_240486299296703_1697880_659211028_n.jpg

In the picture: Ahmed Shafiq one of the candidates for presidency who was the Prime Minister during the revolution (one of Mubarak's old guard) was thrown by shoes and slippers.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
It has been over 20 years since I last visited the beautiful country of Egypt. While I was there, I made two good friends. One a Coptic and one a Muslim. We would all sit outside of the Bazaar and talk over coffee served in small glass cups. The smiling faces in those pictures brought back those memories.
Congratulations to the people of Egypt in their first free Presidential election.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Congratulations to all Egyptians. Looking forward to how things start shaping up now.

Sahar

The moment when the election committee announced the election result, the reaction of Tahrir Square is truly amazing:

[youtube]h7grlfg0K2s[/youtube]
Tahrir Square reacts to Morsi's victory - YouTube
The first cheer goes up after the results are announced for Morsi's opponent, Ahmed Shafiq, the second is for Morsi.

Last edited: