• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First day posting on a smart phone

Shad

Veteran Member
Thought I'd join the 21st century and see how I like it.

Kind of nice having RF in your pocket.

Only problem so far is that I accidently liked a post ( that could have gone badly if I hadn't been lucky and caught it.).

I was like, "What kind if jerk would like a post like that"? So I checked. Turned out to be me. :p

Will scroll down the left side of the screen from now on.

Other than that, this is kind of cool.

Have fun with auto-correct and auto-complete.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I have problems with the quote system too, on my iPad. It will not copy past one paragraph unless it copies the whole post. Very frustrating.....so I quote the whole post and erase what I don't want to include then use the [ quote ] and [ / quote ] (without the spaces of course) before and after the section I want to respond to....FWIW. That works.
Snap! That is what I have been doing.

I'm just going to turn on my mobile and test @ChristineM 's idea for separating paragraphs.........

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
See those green banners that say "Premium Member"... we don't get ads.....you should try it. It's really good! :)
I like the ads.
The system seems to know what interests me and so stuffs similar ads up.

You don't want to know what ads I get!!! :)

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Thought I'd join the 21st century and see how I like it.

Kind of nice having RF in your pocket.

Only problem so far is that I accidently liked a post ( that could have gone badly if I hadn't been lucky and caught it.).

I was like, "What kind if jerk would like a post like that"? So I checked. Turned out to be me. :p

Will scroll down the left side of the screen from now on.

Other than that, this is kind of cool.

Way to go,I'd be lost without mine,haven't used a computer since they first came out,they can be addictive though.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Dont know if it will work for you, im using android with the bog standard google keyboard. Select the number set [?123] then the extended character set [=\<], voila the square bracket.
Excellent!
[ ] ....bloody excellent.

Thanks

@Deeje. Read and try Christine's advise as shown above.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Have fun with auto-correct and auto-complete.

I actually like the way it's set up on the forum software: they give you a choice of words that you might have meant that you can just click on. More times than not it saves me from having to type the word out.