• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First day posting on a smart phone

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Thought I'd join the 21st century and see how I like it.

Kind of nice having RF in your pocket.
Your new mobile is probably a lot smarter than my motorola android mobile, but I do value being able to access RF, Ebay, Email etc on it wherever I happen to be. Queues for anything just don't matter any more...... RF is there! :)

I would ditch my laptop-internet-access if I could copy paste parts of documents, and if I could split RF posts in to paragraphs for ease of response, but so far I haven't learned how to do that.

My mobile (or rather, I...) cannot write the '[' of QUOTE and I can't copy paste it, so I reply to a whole post or nothing!

Only problem so far is that I accidently liked a post ( that could have gone badly if I hadn't been lucky and caught it.).

I was like, "What kind if jerk would like a post like that"? So I checked. Turned out to be me. :p

Will scroll down the left side of the screen from now on.

Other than that, this is kind of cool.

Excellent! Isn't modern tech just amazing?

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder

Only problem so far is that I accidently liked a post ( that could have gone badly if I hadn't been lucky and caught it.).

I was like, "What kind if jerk would like a post like that"? So I checked. Turned out to be me. :p

I’ve added this thread to my examples of forum community service. Thanks! :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I paid cash money to be spared the ads. It was worth the cash.
Ads certainly would create a cottage industry just to get rid of them.

I don't know if I want to pay though. It seems you're happy for a while with the freedom from the irritation and then suddenly Bang!!

Just for $2 more.....

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm typically in lurker mode on my phone or tablet and may respond with shorter posts, but the bulk of my posting here is done on a laptop as I can type and do other functions on a physical keyboard and mouse with about twice the speed.

Cooky

Veteran Member

Oh quagmire... I expect we'll be seeing a lot more of you from here on out.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The only thing that screws up everything is the ads. You have to wait till the screen stops jumping all over the place before you can post.

See those green banners that say "Premium Member"... we don't get ads.....you should try it. It's really good! :)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
90% of my posting is phone based these days. Long posts (writing them) and spelling are more problematic than on a PC, but being able to access anywhere (particularly the train) is uber good.
On the train? don't you worry that the other hobos might steal your phone?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm typically in lurker mode on my phone or tablet and may respond with shorter posts, but the bulk of my posting here is done on a laptop as I can type and do other functions on a physical keyboard and mouse with about twice the speed.
Same.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ads certainly would create a cottage industry just to get rid of them.

I don't know if I want to pay though. It seems you're happy for a while with the freedom from the irritation and then suddenly Bang!!

Just for $2 more.....
RF needs to have income to survive. We can pay by watching ads or pay up front. I chose to pay up front. Others choose to watch ads.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Smart phones are grossly misnamed.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The only thing that screws up everything is the ads. You have to wait till the screen stops jumping all over the place before you can post.

Wait for a special offer and pay for premium membership... No ads. To me as a very impatient, click happy dyslexic it was well worth the investment.

ChristineM

Premium Member
My mobile (or rather, I...) cannot write the '[' of QUOTE and I can't copy paste it, so I reply to a whole post or nothing!

Dont know if it will work for you, im using android with the bog standard google keyboard. Select the number set [?123] then the extended character set [=\<], voila the square bracket.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Dont know if it will work for you, im using android with the bog standard google keyboard. Select the number set [?123] then the extended character set [=\<], voila the square bracket.

My mobile is charging. I will try that first thing tomorrow.

Thankyou for the tip.

:)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I would ditch my laptop-internet-access if I could copy paste parts of documents, and if I could split RF posts in to paragraphs for ease of response, but so far I haven't learned how to do that.

I have problems with the quote system too, on my iPad. It will not copy past one paragraph unless it copies the whole post. Very frustrating.....so I quote the whole post and erase what I don't want to include then use the [ quote ] and [ / quote ] (without the spaces of course) before and after the section I want to respond to....FWIW. That works.