• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First 3-D printed home in U.S. for sale in New York

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
'First 3D-printed home in U.S.' for sale in New York - UPI.com

Feb. 1 (UPI) -- A New York state house billed as "the first 3D printed home in the United States" is being listed for sale online with an asking price of $299,999.

The Riverhead home, listed online by Zillow, was built by a company called SQ4D using an "autonomous robotic construction system" that involved a massive 3D printer creating each piece of the home at the building site.

"Built with concrete, this home will deliver strength and durability that conventional wood-frame construction cannot match," the company said.

The 1,400-square-foot home features three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a detached two-car garage.

The process of building the home was chronicled by YouTuber Jarett Gross in a series of videos.

SQ4D said the company's ultimate goal is to produce homes in the same fashion to bring down the cost of home ownership.

First-3D-printed-home-in-US-for-sale-in-New-York.jpg

Those 3-D printers are really something.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Eh... Cool technology, but if I'm paying for a 300k 3d printed house, I'd like something that looks less like it's trying to mimic a traditional house. I want something more modern! :D

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
$300,000? Much too expensive. But I predict that to go down with mass availability of those printers. Add a robot that handles the construction on site, drive everything there with driverless cars and you won't have to leave the office to build a house.
Hard to say. My house is tiny and it is in that neighborhood. I could sell it move to Las Vegas and get at least twice the house I have right now.

Location is extremely important when it comes to pricing.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hard to say. My house is tiny and it is in that neighborhood. I could sell it move to Las Vegas and get at least twice the house I have right now.

Location is extremely important when it comes to pricing.
So the $300,000 were for house and ground? That could be reasonable. Building a house should not vary too much (and be much cheaper if 3D-printing is going to revolutionize the industry).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So the $300,000 were for house and ground? That could be reasonable. Building a house should not vary too much (and be much cheaper if 3D-printing is going to revolutionize the industry).
That was my take. I could be wrong. And I agree, for just the house that would appear to be outrageous, on first blush. But it is the first house using a new technology. Firsts tend to have inflated values and technology that new to start expensive and drop in price as time goes on.