• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finland Has The Best Education System In The World, And Here's Why

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Lol sounds kind of like my high school experience.
In grade 7, our teachers “prepared us” for the gruelling homework challenges that happens when you have at least 4 different teachers every day (5 for seniors, but they had a day off a week in exchange.) We had to do 1-2 hours every single night.
When I got to high school every teacher I had basically said the same thing. We would give you homework but we don’t know what your other teachers assigned, so we’ll give you a break. So I ended up with maybe 10 minutes worth a week, if that. Lol! And I had some pretty strict teachers, they weren’t like hippies or anything.

The only teacher I had who consistently gave out homework was my grade 9 semester 1 maths teacher who also happened to be the year coordinator. So I guess had to keep up the pretence of being “tough.” Assigned like half an hours worth each lesson (we had maths 3 times a week for reference.) And he would purposely only check if we’d done it like once every 3 weeks or so. I remember being super pissed off at that. Because I’d always do the homework, I mean I didn’t want to tempt fate with a year coordinator. They had more powers than a regular teacher, but he’d never check it. So I’d either get complacent one day or have a family dinner (and therefore have a little too much wine) and that’s always the day when he’d check. So despite my greatest efforts I’d still always land in detention lol

Last edited: