• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finite Existence

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Is there beauty in a finite existence, being bound to this world and its limitations? Do you believe there is more beyond human experience which we live daily?

pexels-julian-jagtenberg-103123.jpg
Photo by Julian Jagtenberg from Pexels

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You only live once so make the most of the beauty while you have a chance.

I am pretty sure there must be more beyond my experience, i haven seen everything on this planet and there are billions of other planets. But if you mean supernatural, no i don't believe there is anything beyond natural

PureX

Veteran Member
You only live once so make the most of the beauty while you have a chance.

I am pretty sure there must be more beyond my experience, i haven seen everything on this planet and there are billions of other planets. But if you mean supernatural, no i don't believe there is anything beyond natural
It does seem odd to venerate the ideal of 'infinity' when what is finite is already so vast that we will ever know it.

Also, I think it's because we are finite that we can experience beauty. For we humans, everything we experience must be perceived and recognized against the background of it's lack. For us to perceive something a beautiful, we need to do so against a background of the mundane, and the ugly. To perceive the "beauty of life", and to appreciate it, we need to know of death, and loss.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Meh... Realising the negative aspects in life makes the positive aspects shine that much more brilliantly agains the backdrop of grey.

Why set one's gaze beyond that when we haven't even taken the time to fully explore what we have now? What matters is the life we live today. Don't squander it.