1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fined for not wearing bikini bottoms

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Jayhawker Soule, Jul 21, 2021.

1. KAT-KAT

KAT-KAT Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +9,216
    Religion:
    Daughter of Shiva, also Left Hand Path
    I have multiple ideas regarding the OP subject. I don't think these women deserve a fine. On the other hand, they did break protocol. I think the women wanted to be more modest. On the other hand, I don't actually consider it much more modest, as what they are wearing in the picture, looks a bit like a type of underwear women wear.

So.... while I'm still going to have to support women over some faceless organization, I do have a bit of a hard time seeing it as a pure black and white issue.

2. Revoltingest

Revoltingest I have the kavorka
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +66,484
    Religion:
    Atheist
    As Revoltistan's official Fashionista, I deem them to be "boyshorts".

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Religion:
    Spiritual Christian
    Sounds like they're being fined because the people who feel they broke 'protocol' believe that in order to gain a wider audience, women need to show more skin. If they want to dress comfortably, that is what should matter.

4. Meow Mix

Meow Mix Curious Kitty

Ratings:
    +2,974
    Religion:
    Nontheist
    I wonder how much these outfit requirements have to do with the adage that sex sells: perhaps the handbook writers are concerned more with selling tickets than, I don't know, being decent human beings? Big yeesh on this. Glad these women stood up to that nonsense, assuming that they ate this ticket on purpose. Hopefully it spurs change.