• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fine Tuning argument / The best argument for the existence of God

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
So instead of telling me I'm so uneducated, please -- do something ever come from nothing? Whatcha think? I mean what is your scientifically educated opinion tell ya?

To have a scientific opinion about what X can and can't do, one would have to have access to X to study it and experiment with it.

X in this case is "nothing".
Do you have one?

:rolleyes:

tas8831

Does H2O "come about by itself" when 2 H atoms and an O atom encounter eachother in the right circumstances?
Or does your god amuse himself with building every single H2O molecule?
Perhaps that is why we see suffering in the world - too pre-occupied with basic chemistry?

tas8831

...a FT universe can´t be caused by nature (I would argue) because there is no reason for why “nature” would have any tendency towards a life permitting universe, ¿why would nature care?

Why imbue 'nature' with human qualities? Do you think it helps your case?

tas8831

Yes. Let's put it this way: today I was listening to a doctor being interviewed about the COVID19 vaccine. She took 2 shots and summarized her thoughts about it, certainly recommending people take the vaccine. She said there are two ways to figure it: one is the distinct possibility of dying from the infection if no vaccine is taken, the other is getting sick if the vaccine is taken.

You don't seem able to understand questions asked of you. Or perhaps you just feel the need to bluff when you know you cannot answer?

tas8831

One could easily turn all your thoughts around and tell you to do the proving.
Mustn't have people who make assertions being asked to 'prove' their own points! That isn't fair!o_O
God is implied because science can not determine how a complicated code called life arose from nothingness.
Like that...

"Complicated code called life"... That makes no sense at all - but do tell how God did so. After, of course, you demonstrate God's existence and explain how He came about from nothing.

tas8831

As I have said, I was an exceptional student.... And got good marks because I not only knew the answers but believed it. I no longer do, after researching.
If your posts are indicative of the research you have done, then I cannot believe the assertions presented in your quote.

tas8831

I know what the "ToE" says. As I said, I learned it a while ago as an avid student. I did my research, pro and con. I decided against believing in evolution, the theory of. :) I decided it is not true. Scientific explanation -- there is none. Conjecture (theory) is what it is. Have a nice evening.
Mere assertions.
What research? Reading creationist websites?

tas8831

Yes, I know the "Big Bang" theory has little to do in your mind with the "ToE," but as the song goes, "nothing comes from nothing..." (lyrics from one of the songs from The Sound of Music) And that is what the "ToE" is all about. Nothing from something? that comes from ?? Yes, the ToE is built on the premise that -- a soupy mass came from -- um -- somewhere? maybe? Oh, another flying object maybe from an alien somewhere some time back? :)
Why do creationists constantly insist on setting up strawman arguments?

Of course, your beliefs really do rely on the truth and accuracy of stories from ancient middle eastern sources for which no evidence exists that would demonstrate their validity.

leroy

Nature doesn’t have a "mind” nature doesn’t have foresight, nature soesnt have a goal…..(is this so hard to accept)?....... so why would nature conspire to create a life permitting universe

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

Of course, your beliefs really do rely on the truth and accuracy of stories from ancient middle eastern sources for which no evidence exists that would demonstrate their validity.
You and others keep using the term 'creationist.' Can you please describe what you consider as a creationist? Do you think I think God "created" a sick child, or a child born without limbs?

YoursTrue

Mere assertions.
What research? Reading creationist websites?
Nope. I don't have to agree with all websites I read based on what they believe or promote, and sometimes I do not agree with what you call "creationist websites." I have done research and see no verifiable proof showing that man evolved.

YoursTrue

The Bible is one proof for my belief in God. God Himself is another proof, even though you apparently don't believe there is a God. And life itself shows me there is a God. Also, I have come to understand that the theory of evolution is not how it all came about.

YoursTrue

You don't seem able to understand questions asked of you. Or perhaps you just feel the need to bluff when you know you cannot answer?
I think you misunderstand. You believe what you believe. And I believe what I believe.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Bible is one proof for my belief in God. God Himself is another proof, even though you apparently don't believe there is a God. And life itself shows me there is a God. Also, I have come to understand that the theory of evolution is not how it all came about.

No, the Bible is the claim. It is not the proof. And how can "God himself" be proof? You really should try to learn what is and what is not evidence. You would not make up such nonsense if you understood the nature of evidence.

YoursTrue

It's kind of complicated. Because if nature itself can be blamed for anything you see as wrong or an injustice, then what? Do you think human nature can be improved so everything in life is fair and square, no sickness, no death, no war, no sadness? Let's pretend you say yes, eventually it can be that way. (I say no, it's not going to happen by virtue of man, not even the most brilliant scientist.) But let's say you say yes.