• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finding Recipes Online is Awful

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
How many newsletters must I sign up for?

Ok, I will buy a cookbook. You've twisted my arm. You win.

exchemist

Veteran Member
How many newsletters must I sign up for?

Ok, I will buy a cookbook. You've twisted my arm. You win.
Allow me to recommend "Les Recettes Faciles" by Françoise Bernard.

If you can read a bit of French this will give you immediate access, without resorting to undue complexity or ingredients unobtainable in the Anglo-Saxon world, to many French classic dishes and useful components, such as choux pastry, proper mayonnaise and serviceable Hollandaise, meringues, etc.

A staple of the bourgeoisie - I wonder if our @ChristineM knows it.

Unfortunately I am not aware of a version translated into English.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have so many more bookmarks than you do. You should be grateful you aren't me!
Why bookmark? (Though I probably do have one or two bookmarked myself). Last time that I wanted to make lamb saag after checking out several sites that did not seem quite right I just winged it. I should really have written down what I put in. I got rough ideas and then flew on my own and it was fantastic!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Why bookmark? (Though I probably do have one or two bookmarked myself). Last time that I wanted to make lamb saag after checking out several sites that did not seem quite right I just winged it. I should really have written down what I put in. I got rough ideas and then flew on my own and it was fantastic!
I'm sure you can make it again.