• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finding my own way

Hello everyone! I'm SearchingForGod, but you can just call me Searching or SFG for short. I'm a 20 year old woman and currently I am in the middle of a rather interesting and unconventional faith journey. I say unconventional because, actually, I have a disorder in which my personality has been split apart due to trauma. And the truth is that, with this divide, each part has his or her own different religious beliefs.

What made me decide to join the forums today was an interesting dialogue that's happened within my system (that's the word I use for my personality parts as a whole). I decided that it would be a good idea to try converting to Judaism. That's great and all, but in doing that, I failed to realize that there were others who did not completely agree with my beliefs. One part, for instance, leans more towards the teachings of Jesus and that's a big problem because we can't do both at the same time.. even though we kind of do.

It's confusing to explain, but I thought that maybe by being here I could have some room to look around and maybe decide some things for myself. I just need to find a way to discover what division that I, as a whole, ought to fall under... or perhaps just a way that we can all coexist with our varying beliefs.

Anyways, it's nice to meet you all, and I hope that I can make some new friends on here.

Glad to be here!
~Searching

[Also, as a disclaimer, please do not deliberate over my dignosis. People have done that before and it honestly makes me uncomfortable.]

Thank you very much! And by the way, is there a section for eclectic persons on this forum? That's a term my therapist told me about and now I'm curious.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I cannot speak about whether you could convert to any particular group. You'd be welcome among Quakers, Unitarian Universal-ists and some others. You'd be welcome among the progressive Christian churches like Emergent movements, etc; but its not always easy to find out which churches are in that category. You have to look around. There's more to satisfaction than being welcome, however. A good question to ask is "Where will you fit in?" Fitting in matters. There's acceptance, there's tolerance, and then there's having friends. These are not always the same, and you need friends more than you need tolerance or acceptance, I think. People are more choosy about friends than they are about who they allow into their religious groups.

Proverbs 17:1 "Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife."

is there a section for eclectic persons on this forum?
We have a Seeker's dir area and a Comparative Religion dir. Please mind the rule 10, not to post anything except question in a Dir that you are not converted to. For example, please do not discuss a religion in its Dir unless that is your religion, but you may ask a question about that religion in that Dir. We also request no debating except it is in areas marked for debating.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

I was going to offer you some split pea soup, but that would've been a faux pas.
So instead, join us for....
th