• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finding a writing job.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Hello RF.

I was wondering by chance if anyone knows of a religious website that I can apply to as a writer.

If you Google "(topic) write for us" freelance writing jobs will pop up on the topic you chose.

When I google "religion write for us" or "theology write for us" all that comes up is a bunch of Christian websites looking for Christian writers. Frustrating

I would use my RF featured threads as my portfolio. I have had quite a few threads that are long and contain a lot of information and discussion on God(s) and religion. I have the capacity to be very topical. I can draw on my previous threads and translate them into articles, with opposing point of views included.

I really want to be a writer, and religion is my topic.

Thanks in advance!

Orbit

I'm a planet
Hello RF.

I was wondering by chance if anyone knows of a religious website that I can apply to as a writer.

If you Google "(topic) write for us" freelance writing jobs will pop up on the topic you chose.

When I google "religion write for us" or "theology write for us" all that comes up is a bunch of Christian websites looking for Christian writers. Frustrating

I would use my RF featured threads as my portfolio. I have had quite a few threads that are long and contain a lot of information and discussion on God(s) and religion. I have the capacity to be very topical. I can draw on my previous threads and translate them into articles, with opposing point of views included.

Thanks in advance!

Here is one place to write for: Home - Religion News Service

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hello RF.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if religious bodies use them but you could give upwork.com a try

I know a couple of artists who are making a good living freelancing with them

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
We get lots of adverts from individuals hoping to be paid to write for RF. These appear to be people who have answered adverts like the ones you are talking about. The adverts say "Be a writer!" They tell you that they can help you make money writing, but then they turn you into an email spammer. Rather than providing you with a job (as advertised) they try to make themselves your connection to email lists. At least that's how it appears from my point of view.

There could be people who genuinely look to pay religious writers, but who would pay to read an unknown writer? A magazine can get priests, people with degrees and ghost hunters and pay them a very tiny amount. There is no demand for religious writers. If I revealed the secret location of the emerald stone from the ephod of Aaron, people would be like "Who are you, squirt?" Nobody would even care enough to check the location. They would just ignore me. I could walk around with my hair on fire and speaking twelve languages, and I wouldn't even make the news.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
upload_2023-1-17_20-49-32.png

Oh la la..

amorphous_constellation

One book you might want to look at is 'On Writing' by stephen king. I can't remember much of what was in it, I just remember it being good.. It probably talked about how he broke into the business, I think