• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally out of Afghanistan?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hopefully we won't see a resurgence of Isis or Al Qaeda in the region.

Personally I doubt everyone was pulled out and the remaining military personnel are going to be there for the foreseeable future.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thank you, President Biden (though T was supposedly going to get the troops out this year too).

Biden to announce withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan by September 11 - CNNPolitics

This is way overdue IMO.
I am happy for all the families in America who have a Father, Mother, Brother or Sister who has been and still are a soldier in Afganistan now will get them back to their home. I wish those who are still in Afghanistan until 11 september to be safe.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'm pretty sure there will be retention forces there to monitor the situation.
Probably since it appears there's an agreement with some of our allies to support them in their effort to try and thwart any Taliban resurgence.

Needless to say, it's a real tricky Catch-22 situation.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Hopefully we won't see a resurgence of Isis or Al Qaeda in the region.

Personally I doubt everyone was pulled out and the remaining military personnel are going to be there for the foreseeable future.

Right, I don't think we will ever really leave but this is a good step.

And call me crazy but I have a feeling agencies like the CIA do want they want, at least to some degree, regardless of what the current President says...