• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally! More Young Americans Accept Evolution than Believe in Creationism...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
:eek: Marauder!
You have less than 100 posts before you leave us.
Do you really want to waste one by using a single word?
And on a cheese munch'n surrender monkey no less?

Btw, don't waste your final posts on an answer to these rhetorical questions.

dust1n

Zindīq
You have less than 100 posts before you leave us.
Do you really want to waste one by using a single word?
And on a cheese munch'n surrender monkey no less?

Btw, don't waste your final posts on an answer to these rhetorical questions.

All I know about the French is that when they aren't busy surrendering, they are busy conquering!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I say God can alter six dna molecules just whenever.
Sure, any deity worth its salt can do that.
The problem with that belief is that it is not testable; it is therefore not science.
Can you conceive of a testable (observable) situation where we could tell it was God causing the change?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
For the first time, more young Americans accept evolution than believe in creationism. Older people, however, still believe in some form of creationism by a wide margin.

Please discuss. Is evolution denial going the way of the dinosaurs? Why or why not?

I think it would be quite ironical if they really went the way of the dinosaurs. I hope they leave fossils. i doubt anyone would ever believe they existed in a couple of generations, otherwise :)

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Of course. It was to be expected.

"Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
(Romans 1:21-25)

Evolution is true. God is true. God created evolution.

Self fulfilling prophecy, I am afraid.

Ciao

- viole

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Sure, any deity worth its salt can do that.
The problem with that belief is that it is not testable; it is therefore not science.
Can you conceive of a testable (observable) situation where we could tell it was God causing the change?
need one time machine.....or faith....
see Genesis....Chapter Two.

and there is that common notation....Man diverged....suddenly

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
need one time machine.....or faith....
see Genesis....Chapter Two.

and there is that common notation....Man diverged....suddenly
Okay, given that we don't have a time machine, and that faith is not testable scientific evidence...have you any other test or observation that would clearly demonstrate God?

Not quite sure what you're saying with that last: what and whose notation? and I am not aware that humankind diverged "suddenly" in any but the most astronomical of senses

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Okay, given that we don't have a time machine, and that faith is not testable scientific evidence...have you any other test or observation that would clearly demonstrate God?

Not quite sure what you're saying with that last: what and whose notation? and I am not aware that humankind diverged "suddenly" in any but the most astronomical of senses
we have not found the missing link.....and I don't think we will

and there will never be a photo, a fingerprint, an equation or a repeatable experiment.

all you can do is think about God.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

and there will never be a photo, a fingerprint, an equation or a repeatable experiment.

To the contrary, I think paleontologists have found many missing links, and their cousins--but, maybe that's personal preference on accepting what is evidence for the origin of humans.

As for the evidence of God, I can't see any way to prove or disprove such an entity, either. Thanks for clarifying!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
To the contrary, I think paleontologists have found many missing links, and their cousins--but, maybe that's personal preference on accepting what is evidence for the origin of humans.

As for the evidence of God, I can't see any way to prove or disprove such an entity, either. Thanks for clarifying!
I prefer the positive approach in belief
until someone shows a means of demonstrating substance first.......and no one can.....
Spirit first.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

There'll always be a missing link between 2 links.
And if one is ever found between them, then there'd be new missing on each side of it.

It reminds me of the old argument that you can never get from here to there.
When you go half way, you still have half way to go.
Half way thru the 2nd half, you still have a new half way to go.
There are infinite "half ways".
Because you can't travel an infinite number of distances, you can never go all they way from here to there.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I prefer the positive approach in belief
until someone shows a means of demonstrating substance first.......and no one can.....
Spirit first.
This is an enlightened & unassailable approach.
There is no fallacious reasoning.
There is recognition of preference.
It's an approach worth stealing!

leibowde84

Veteran Member
False. We have found a multitude of "missing links" connecting us with our common ancestor with modern apes.
False. There have been a multitude of repeatable experiments supporting the ToE.
Not really sure how this is relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.