• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally. Good riddance to Obamacare.

suncowiam

Although, I'm not dependent on Obamacare, I'm sure it's very helpful to some. I get the sense that it's far from perfect, but here's just my thought. Why not try to just improve on it? Keep what's good and improve where we can.

Do we have to tear everything down and rebuild? Couldn't this add needless cost if every different bipartisan presidential election tears a system down only to rebuild it. What is Trump planning to replace it with?

Sure, I can entertain the idea that Trump, a business person, can replace it with something far better. It's just there's very little details as to the costs and potential benefits of a tear down and a rebuild.

I feel this is more of individuals building on their legacies or their platforms than it is to help America. No, I'm not just focusing on Trump. Obama and every previous president did this too. We still need to point this out and demand further transparency from all of our leadership.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'll believe it when it happens.
But it would be nice to see cheaper & more numerous choices for insurance.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are we guaranteed this will happen? Just curious what evidence that anyone can point out to help this prediction?
I don't offer guarantees.
But there is reason to believe that ditching Obamacare could lead to cheaper & more varied insurance....for the non-subsidized buyers. It regulates the kind of coverage we may buy, & builds in surcharges to some to subsidize others.

suncowiam

I don't offer guarantees.
But there is reason to believe that ditching Obamacare could lead to cheaper & more varied insurance....for the non-subsidized buyers. It regulates the kind of coverage we may buy, & builds in surcharges to some to subsidize others.

It will sure help to understand what we are replacing in place of this system.

Who's to say that this will help the people you suggested but could hurt others that didn't need help? It's just moving money around, IMO, but with an added cost of a tear down and rebuild.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It will sure help to understand what we are replacing in place of this system.

Who's to say that this will help the people you suggested but could hurt others that didn't need help? It's just moving money around, IMO, but with an added cost of a tear down and rebuild.
We can only hope that the process of replacing Obmacare will be smooth, & provide a better system.

I oppose having one insurance buyer subsidize another.
If we are to subsidize some, t's fairer to have the burden borne generally, ie, by general taxation.

suncowiam

We can only hope that the process of replacing Obmacare will be smooth, & provide a better system.

I oppose having one insurance buyer subsidize another.
If we are to subsidize some, t's fairer to have the burden borne generally, ie, by general taxation.

If you phrase it in the form of hope, then I'll agree with you.

I'm just hoping for something better than hope to make an assessment. :)

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Why replace Obamacare? The whole point of getting rid of Obamacare is to get rid of Obamacare.

suncowiam

Why replace Obamacare? The whole point of getting rid of Obamacare is to get rid of Obamacare.

Let's get rid of Obamacare and have nothing in place of it? No insurance needed by anyone is what you're suggesting?

This is akin to lemmings following a path without processing where that path goes? Could we put a little more thought on this and understand all the stages first before following through?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Let's get rid of Obamacare and have nothing in place of it? No insurance needed by anyone is what you're suggesting?

This is akin to lemmings following a path without processing where that path goes? Could we put a little more thought on this and understand all the stages first before following through?
People have free will to purchase insurance on their own, Like they have had for ever before Obamacare. Or even before insurance when people paid for it out of pocket. Doctors might not live like kings and prescription drug compainies like emporers.

suncowiam

People have free will to purchase insurance on their own, Like they have had for ever before Obamacare. Or even before insurance when people paid for it out of pocket. Doctors might not live like kings and prescription drug compainies like emporers.

Ok, I see your point. My apologies with my previous post. I highly doubt Trump will replace it with the previous system though, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks

esmith

Veteran Member
Has anyone proposed a plan for those who will be unable to get private insurance again due to ill health, preexisting conditions, etc.? There must be millions of extra uninsurables now.
I think one should read before posting. President-elect Trump has said he thinks that per-existing conditions and staying on parents plan is a good idea.
However, he has not said what that cost will be and who will bear it.

buddhist

I think one should read before posting. President-elect Trump has said he thinks that per-existing conditions and staying on parents plan is a good idea.
Keeping the $43+ billion now given annually to other countries to pay for it might be a good start. Then, take away the bankers' ability to print more money to give to their cronies.

That was kind of the question, has anyone proposed a plan?

Keeping the $43+ billion now given annually to other countries to pay for it might be a good start. Then, take away the bankers' ability to print more money to give to their cronies.

Given that the current US public expenditure on healthcare is enough to provide free, universal healthcare in European countries it seems like you are getting robbed blind somewhere (this goes way back before Obama too).

esmith

Veteran Member
Talking to my Doctor he indicated the reason that a lot of cost is caused by the cost of malpractice insurance and the cost is due to the massive amounts awarded by juries when a doctor is sued and also the number of sue happy people.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Wow! When did bankers start printing their own money?